Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any luck running an ipod through the stereo NOT using the cassette adapter? If it makes a difference, I don't have a CB. I'm not averse to doing some mods but not sure where to start.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
you can use an fm modulator

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just put mine in and it works great. In the left fairing side pocket I installed a power point, then bought a itrip fm transmitter. Then all you do is plug in the ipod and plug it in to the power point. Tune your fm to 88.1 or any channel that has no station and it sounds great. I just put ipod and the transmitter in the pocket, set it on shuffle and go. I bought the transmitter at Best-Buy but I think Wal-Mart has them also. Be sure and turn the volume up on the ipod or you can't hear it. Good Luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Belkin set to 88.5 & the same with the radio & it works just fine after I made a modification to the antenna. The only thing is that the batteries only last 4-5 hours. It's really easy to forget that you have left it on because when you shut off the bike you don't hear anything anymore.
Skuttlebut has it that there may be a new player in town for GW radios. Hopefully it will be interchangable with all years of the GW. Their looking at IPOD & Bluetooth working with the CB & intercoms system, cell phones & our favorite GPS lady who tells me where to turn.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
the griffin fm modulator that i use powers the ipod or in my case sansa 280r and charges the battery

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use a Audiovox 100 mod, works great and was easy to install.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I purchased an FM modulator from Best Buy, it was made for the ipod. I installed the unit under the seat over the rear fender well. Ran a switched power wire from my handle bar switch block to turn the unit on, and the ipod interface wire under the false tank and out from under left side pocket (with the intercom cord). When I choose to use the ipod, I put it in one of those athletic arm bands and strap it to the tunnel cover, plug it in, turn it on, tune the stereo to a pre-set (87.9) and rock on, I even have control of the ipod too! When turned on, the ipod is charging, when not in use, I roll up the interface cord and tuck it in the left pocket. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sierra Electonics is my choice

Hey gang,

I used the iTrip, hard to find a clear station while on the move. Switched to the AudioVox FM100A, worked good. Then I had the radio modified by Sierra Electronics and totally love it. Much better sound quality, a bit more volume and no fiddling with anything. It comes back with an MP3 cord about 3 ft long that let's you use either pocket for your iPod.

Total time approx 10 days, total cost was $99.00 and buyer pays shipping both ways.

Great folks, excellent service, excellent quality and they test the whole unit while it's there.

No I don't work for Sierra Electronics, just a very satisfied customer.

Here is the link [URL="http://www.sierra-mc.com/auxiliaryinput.asp"

Have fun
Toy4rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts