Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 se and took the wire that just plugged into my 93 interstate out thinking it would just plug in. I was wrong. I don't see where to add a ipod or mp3 player plug in the 94. Can someone help me with this. I figure it is probably quite simple.
Thanks,
Swivelhip

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
The Aspencade and SE lack that feature, what I use and they're relatively inexpensive is the cassette adapter to make other electronic units play through the audio system. They do work and can be gotten where ever electronics are sold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got to be a better way

Well I'll be dang. If I have to I might do that but I think I would rather use a fm modulator if I can not hard wire it. Thanks for the reply.
Swivelhip

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i use a dlo transdoc fm transmitter on the 1500 wing and a griffin on the 1200 wing

·
Registered
49 Posts
detdrbuzzard:
Do you have a website for either of the items you mentioned. At this time I use the Gigaware cassette adapter from Radio Shack. It works fine. I have been looking for a good yet not to costly FM modulator to use on my bike and in my truck at work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I modified my friends 94 stereo so that the Radio/ cassette button when pushed would change the unit from Radio to MP3.
He can charge his iPod from the bike as well. This way there is no drill holes in the stereo, it looks stock, and the sound is better than the alternatives of a cassette adapter (junk, leaves the stereo open to the elements, and has POOR sound) or a modulator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
97 se

I have since moved to a 97 SE will you modifications work on the 97 and do you have any directions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Superior MP3 modifications.

Hey Swivel,
Yes it would work. My mod has a very small circuit board in it so that the unit needs no drill holes, and remains looking stock, while being able to switch between Radio and MP3, using one push of the Radio/ Cassette button. I could even make it it so pushing the button again could bring in other inputs. So the question is, could you build the circuit if I sent you the schematic? I am willing to do the mod for you, as an option. But if you have the soldering/ small delicate work skills, and the inclination, I could send you the info.
-Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts