Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
BD hope this helps RAM makes all kinds of brackets and bases for them.

http://www.rammount.com/NewProducts/xgripiphone4smounts/tabid/4039/Default.aspx
The RAM mounts are great but I do not recommend their iPhone mount as shown. I've had mine for just over a year and several times the jarring from a rough road has caused the phone to almost fall off. The small rubber pads just do not have enough grip. Finally, three weekends ago, I lost my phone completely when I hit a large pothole. My phone sustained moderate damage and I will be replacing it this week.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
+1 on what Ibalee said, and if you use Velcro strips from walmart around the bracket phone will stay in it during the bumps.

By the way where's the video with your new camera? LOL

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 on what Ibalee said, and if you use Velcro strips from walmart around the bracket phone will stay in it during the bumps.

By the way where's the video with your new camera? LOL
:p I had to order a mini sd card, and I cant do anything with it until I get it. I am chomping at the bit. By the way, I was looking at the pics you emailed me of your mount, and it looks like you are using the one that bolts right to your clutch resevoir. I have a cup holder already bolted to that. Is there any other way that will work? I have been looking at the ones that have the U bolt that would just bolt around the bar itself.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Bigdaddy,
If you use the mount picture I sent you, can have the cup holder of the horizontal ball and gopro on vertical ball. Unless if the cup holder does not use a ball?

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Bigdaddy,
Mount on brake side with ball mount then or swap your cup around, or do it however suits you as it's yours:)

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
I can't help you on the mount either BD, but I can tell you I took my O/B Defender off my i-phone. Doesn't allow me to use my house docking system and the dumb thing (O/B) was always getting fouled up and coming open. I'll be more careful finding a more suitable cover for my phone or go without.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
a thin strip of velcro as a safety measure should work ...I was going to say that after reading the pop out thing...it was already suggested. Ram seems to be the best from what I have seen...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am sure the velcro idea would work, but I dont really want to stick a strip of velcro on the back of my phone. This past summer, I used velcro on the back of my ipod, and then put a strip on the fuel door, and just stuck it there. Worked well, but now that I am going to use my phone, I dont want to go that route.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.