Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm from mexico city, i have 18 years so maybe it's a little weird to be looking for a goldwing but i have heard legendary tales of just how good they are so i'm pretty set on getting one, im pretty new to his hobby but my father owns a yamaha Enticer, pretty good bike i learned in that so it has a little place in my heart buy it's not mine so that...

well i hope to be around in this forum, thanks a lot for all the help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hola Alex and welcome. The Goldwing is not the right bike to start riding, very different from the Yamaha Enticer and much heavier. My advice to you is to sharpen your riding skills on a smaller bike for at least a couple of years before thinking about a big bike like the Goldwing. Also I strongly suggest that you get some riding class to learn the right skills from the beginning.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Good advice from alpac. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I suggest doing a test ride so you can see for yourself if you are ready for a nimble and powerful machine that is heavy and challenging during slow speed maneuvering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i have my licence, but yes i should probably get ready for all the RAW POWER, but really what im kind of worried it's the weight, im 165 cm and 70 kg so i don't know if it's going to be too much

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you can sit on one and just move it side to side to get a feeling of the amount of weight that you will be dealing with in slow speed maneuvering. Once you are above a walking pace the bike will almost stand by itself. What you want to do can be done but as others have said should in a perfect world be done in steps. If you ride already and can stand and move the wing under you without maximum effort you can decide then if it is for you. Wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Welcome from Alberta, Canada. Good luck with the decision, but yeah, if you can get some km's in on a mid-size bike first it's probably best.

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Size isn't as important as you think. I'm 245 pounds but still can't hold up a 900 pound motorcycle. It's all about balance. If it starts to go over just stay out of the way. There are videos out there on how to pick them back up. The last one I saw had a 100 pound woman picking it up. Practice slow speed maneuvers with a smaller bike to get the idea of technique. Start easy on the big bike and you will be fine. They are a sport bike hiding behind a lot of plastic that makes riding long distances easy.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Super Moderator
9,815 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Pennsylvania. Goldwings are heavy and less maneuverable at slow speeds and learning to improve your riding skills on a lesser bike is good advice. That said, when your riding skills match the machine, Wings are the most enjoyable and exciting bike to own and ride. Good luck and ride safe..

Reactions: NREMTP
1 - 11 of 11 Posts