Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2008 Goldwing from Sunrise Honda in Searcy Arkansas. This is my first Goldwing, have been riding a Road Star for the past 7 years, just retired and want to start traveling. I have to haul the Wing back to Florida in a couple days and would like to know what points on the bike do you use to tie it down. Any information would be appreciated.

THANKS FROM FLORIDA
CHROKEE82050

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
welcome to the site, there has been discussion on this not to long ago. Do a search & I'm sure you will find it. I've never had to transport but if I did I would slightly compress supension & look for solid points to tie off from.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi from Canada Cherokee. The info on tie-down is on page 4 of the General Dicussion board under a thread titled Transporting. Several of us contributed our $.02 to it, should help you out. Just make sure you don't cheap out on the quality of the straps used, there are some pretty lousy ones out there; I use 1" heavy braided weave material ratchet straps NOT the thin nylon type! There are also m/c specific tie loops for wrapping around frame tubes, endine guards, h-bars etc. An item called Canyon Dancer is for use on the bar ends but are size specific, common for sport bikes (shorter bars) but they do come in touring bike sizes, likely several different brands too.
Just checked the M/C superstore site. The Canyon Dancer Bar Harness II comes in several sizes up to 40" wide bars $26.99 USD.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Try this:

www.allamericanprod.com/tiedown.html

In addition I put a block of wood under the engine block to keep the front forks from fully compressing and busting. I put the tranny in nuteral while strapped down to take the stress off it espically if hitting a hole or bump. The back wheel can't scoot very easily so all that force and stress from the pothole has to go somewhere if it is in gear.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF cherokee. also carry some spare straps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts