Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to y'all. Owned lots of 70's and 80's Japanese standards, Harley and Yamaha cruisers, and even a KTM 990 Adventure. Current ride is an '06 Stratoliner. Figured to get a touring Harley, but that thrill is gone...I've fallen out of love, and find that I am attracted to technology and performance.

Like the Goldwing, but not quite there yet. Still flirting with the BMW R1200GS, another great long distance rig, if not as bulletproof as either a Harley or (especially) a Wing.

The KTM was great fun for shorter distances and some milder jeep trail stuff. Kind of liked the versatility, but hated the seating, and the complex basic maintenance.

My wife has never ridden, but figure the Wing's secure and comfy seating might change her mind.

Like the Strat, but don't love it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Greetings from Canada rnothog and welcome to the forum. I have a 91 1500 and my wifes nickname is Velcro. Every time I look around, she's on the back. Only place in the world where she has no responsibilities (except to stay on, which is kinda a given).
I've not ridden a BMW. so can't comment.
Puts a smile on my face when I (and my wife) jump on the Wing.
Strat

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Greetings if you get your wife on the Wing. You may not get her off.;) Mine has a permanent resting spot in between the arm rests. It's all good though. Anyway have fun on the site & good luck in your choice.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Where is home for you?? Lots of good folks in here so enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site rnothog. Your best bet is to see if you can go for a test ride on the Wing. Alot of the larger dealers out here are running demo days this time of year, so there may be the same gig happening in Az. Great roads to ride down your way once ya get out of the cities (esp Phoenix).

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Welcome from Georgia, My wife did not like Motorcycles until we got are first wing, Now you can not get her off, She loves the secure feeling that she gets from the back seat,And from the driver of the Wing lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts