Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I try to stay with traffic and not get run over.

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Just as fast as the machine will go.....

Just kidding! I generally only go about 10% over the posted limit.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I like to keep it in the 3k rpm range, which is somewhere around 60-65 mph..

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Rarely run the interstate. Boring. But when I do, I am at the speed limit or 5 over.

On secondary roads: fast enough so that cars don't collect behind me. I don't want to be the cause of some road rage....so I pay attention. If cars start to collect and I can't pass.... it becomes time for a break and I pull off the road.

I don't commute on my motorcycle as it is only for pleasure riding. And it is a pleasure riding it with that car tire on the back!

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
I like to keep it in the 3k rpm range, which is somewhere around 60-65 mph..
I usually just try to hang with Charlie.

Although I must admit that on our big trip last year I did say the heck with fuel mileage in Texas & such. Kind of got used to slipping along at 75 - 80.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
define cruising then i can let you know

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
At 2,500 to 3,000 rpm's the bike seems the happiest. There is a speedometer error factor in my 08 so 65 mph is probably closer to 60 mph. I've done a few sustained 85-90 mph on I 81 but it took the pleasure factor out of the ride. With the wife on board I have to keep it at 60-65.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Usually 80+ mph for me on longer trips.
But it is very common for me to run @ 90-100 on my daily commute on the HOV lane if no one is in the way!:D

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Most of the time keeping up with or just a bit faster than traffic. Probably about 4 to 6 over most of the time if I'm by myself. I also try to make sure that traffic isn't stacking up behind me and let them by.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
It must be. I was not even conscious of it until you mentioned it. That's subliminal. I might just have to look into this car tire concept.
i just went out and looked at the front tires on the minivan and they will need replacing by the end of summer:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Like others here, I usually find 65-79 the norm. I don't mind riding the interstate system if I have to get somewhere to enjoy another section of this land. I thank God for the interstate system we have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My philosophy is that on the interstate, I prefer to ride slightly faster than other traffic. And I ride in the left lane. To my way of thinking this "limits" most potential problems to my front and right.

Now, I know this is not strictly true, and I keep an active eye on my mirrors for the errant lunatic, but generally I like to be slightly faster than the pace. I try to be specifcally diligent about staying out of blind spots. I also avoide riding alongside semis. I hold back until I can clear the entire truck's length. Then I roll the throttle to accelerate all the way past, resuming my cruise speed when I am clear of the truck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
nosaj... and I keep an active eye on my mirrors for the errant lunatic... I try to be specifcally diligent about staying out of blind spots. I also avoide riding alongside semis. I hold back until I can clear the entire truck's length. Then I roll the throttle to accelerate all the way past said:
I like to ride that way as well. Good practice to follow!

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
i just went out and looked at the front tires on the minivan and they will need replacing by the end of summer:D
Milestone: For those that don't know it, I put a Federal FORMOZA FD2 175/60 R16 82H on my bike and now have 7,000 miles on it.

7,000 miles on that rear car tire! And the tire still looks brand new. The front tire is starting to show a little age. I will put a rear motorcycle tire on the front when that tire gets down to the wear bar.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Milestone: For those that don't know it, I put a Federal FORMOZA FD2 175/60 R16 82H on my bike and now have 7,000 miles on it.

7,000 miles on that rear car tire! And the tire still looks brand new. The front tire is starting to show a little age. I will put a rear motorcycle tire on the front when that tire gets down to the wear bar.
Oh, I give up....You win...(but check out my signature) LOL.. Your are relentless... LOL.. .. Ride safe my friend... on whatever...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts