Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good internet site that provides some guidelines for pricing '08 through '10 Goldwings? I know edmunds exists on line for cars and trucks but not for motorcycles.....why do I ask...stopped at three dealers looked at the new '10's which sit at about $23K base model but the '08 and '09 seem to be high siting around $21K....I know dealers are higher...but looking for a baseline to look in the private sector...

Second Question: Hear alot about '11 possibly having a significant design change coming from Japan...were there any major design changes between '08, '09, '10? ...if so any thing I should know while looking at the bikes...coming off of a '81 interstate, everything is different....

Thanks, Lab Rider...

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the pricing guide, the direct answer is, I don't know. What I did was surf the net and ebay especially to get a feel for prices which varied from MSRP to some with substantial discounts.

Be sure to read the fine print and ask questions. The listed price may look good until you add any dealer prep and document fees they may list at the bottom of the page. Be sure you are making accurate comparisons.

Also know that Goldwings are out of production until Honda starts building them in Japan so availability of colors, options, and model years will dwindle as the inventory is sold off.

The only differences between the 08 and 09-10 that I found was the addition of XM radio and TPMS. Perhaps there are other differences.

If you're looking to buy used, Kelly Blue Book will also give you an idea of pricing.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Jim

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I found my bottom price for my 09 on eBay. I then used that price to get the dealer to match it. My 09 MSRP was $22,100 and I got it for $17,900 so that should give you an idea as to the discounts. Differences between model years is the 09-10 models have heated grips, seat and TPMS as standard on the base model over the 08. Other than color thats about it. Shop around, even if you have to travel to get a good deal on your new Wing, it's worth the effort. Gunguy is correct about the "add ons" like freight and set up charges. Beware of them or negotiate with the dealer on them. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
When I buy new I decide how much I want to pay out the door. I then tell the salesman how much I will pay and we go from there. Well really we do don't go anywhere, I tell them take it or leave it. I got my 08 in March 08 for $18,200 out the door. I told them that is what I would pay and I don't care how they write it up as long as that is my OTD price. After they figured Calif. tax, dealer prep, license fees and all the other stuff they ad the bike price was just a little over $16,000. I told them I would be back the next day with a bank check for $18,200 and ride it away. I only bought 2 new Gold Wings, my 92 and my 08, the other 4, I bought were slightly used and I saved a bunch of money that way. There are a lot of late model used Wings around with a lot of accessories for a good price.
In 85 I bought an 81 for $2500 It had about 25,000 miles
In 87 I bought an 85 for $5,000, from a CHP that never rode it
In 92 I bought my 92 new $11,700 OTD
In 99 I bought a 98SE with 5,000 miles on it for $11,200
In 03 I bought my 02 with 992 miles on it for $14,000
In 08 I bought my 08 new for $18,200 OTD

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd try a search on CycleTrader. That should give you some ammunition to deal with a local dealer and if he won't budge, be willing to travel. Here's a base model 2010 Gold Wing for $19,185.00. That's about $4000.00 less than what you indicate you were finding. I could travel a long way for $4000.00.

Hoss

·
Registered
66 Posts
Concur with Cycletrader.com I found my 2010 there for under $18,500. Added another 500 for delivery and paperwork fees and still got it for under 19K plus TTL. That will give you a lot of room for dressing it up the way you like and still be way under MSRP.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...For all the input...I will research cycle trader....I am not use to buying bikes...I sold my Honda CB360 back in 1989 and picked up the used '81 interstate in 1999 for only $500...what happened to those days where you could pick up a bike for less than a $1K....Again Thanks....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts