Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2011 Hondas and ticket discount to the International Motorcycle Shows

The 2011 Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows are a brand new powersports experience from the ground up and the first place you’ll see 2011 model motorcycles months before they hit the dealer floor – including the new CB1000R street fighter. From a completely new show design to more entertainment, products, education and free stuff for you as a rider, the Show will send you home, happy.

Check www.motorcycleshows.com for show dates, locations and to buy tickets. Save 20% on 1-day adult tickets with promo code STICKYDISCOUNT.

What to see at the show:

-2011 bikes from BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davdison, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Star, Yamha and more

-Jason Britton Team No Limit Stunt Show

-Motorcycle Gear and Apparel from top companies including Arai, Brembo, Chatterbox, Dunlop, HJC, Ohlins and Shoei

-The Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show & Competition

-Seminars all weekend long at the HUB and DIY Garage stages Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance

-Women’s apparel, riding clubs and seminars at Women Ride

-Motorcycle movies, videos and interviews at MotoFlix

-And free stuff given away from the Swag Wagon!

Get a jump on the 2011 riding season with the new Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows!​

·
Registered
455 Posts
Attemped to purchase the tickets for Greenville, SC show using the discount code, STICKYDISCOUNT.

Received this error, "The code you have entered does not exist.
Please check your spelling and try again".

Finally got it to work after the fourth try.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I see there is one in DC and NY city. Might be worth a trip to see wha't new. Only problem is there won't be a new Wing....

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There's one in Edmonton next weekend. Will be there with bells on, well maybe not bells, but a Honda pit shirt for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
The bike show in Toronto is this coming weekend. The club will have a booth there.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I believe it is in Rhode Island as well The North East Motor cycle expo!! 1/8 and 1/9

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
If someone attends this show can the question be asked when will the Goldwing return.
If an answer does sound logical please post it. If you can get a picture of a prototype Wing, post that too.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
If someone attends this show can the question be asked when will the Goldwing return.
If an answer does sound logical please post it. If you can get a picture of a prototype Wing, post that too.
Thank you.
I'll have pictures, of something.

·
Registered
162 Posts
MPLS Show Review

Well the show ended yesterday just prior to the Super Duper Bowl. Pretty good show and pretty good ball game also.
As a vendor it was hard to get around and talk with booth personnel as I was tied up in sales mode for the duration. However showing up early I had the place to myself and was able to check out all the products and displays unhampered by the crowds.
In general I felt all the Polaris products highlighted the commercial direction of the industry. They are definitely focused on engineering and modern advancements. This was especially evident in the Victory line where they had turbo charged nitro test bikes on display along with new paint schemes. sound systems and other advanced ideas.
Slingshots with turbos. LS6 corvette engines and even a studded ice race version.
Honda's best advancements were in the area of fully clutchless automatics which are and should be the future of motorcycle transmissions. Seems odd we all fully accept and expect automatics in all our vehicles yet balk at the change from clunky shifting motorcycles.
Roadsmith had a nice display of their products and the workmanship is really quite impressive.
Of course the wheels are in the wrong place but still nice work, well done.
There was a CSC unit on display but as an engineer of sorts I find the suspension somewhat confusing as it's an independant which is setup to mechanically function as a straight axle. But again the finished product was quite good.
Harley had half naked girls. This part of the review was submitted by my wife. Very nice paint (bikes not girls, they had tats)
Other than that not much news.
This show had some activities for kids which was nice especially for me as we have 6 boy grandchildren (one set of triplets) so they also had a good time.
I didn't get a chance to check out Yamaha or Suzuki but Royal Enfield did have a nice display of modern 1960's bikes. Like Triumph they are basically the old design with modern mechanical features for those who wish to ride the old classics without worry.
CanAm drew large crowds and the new units are very impressive which is good for them and to be honest also for me.
All in all except for a minor truck vs my cargo trailer incident the show as quite spectacular.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Crud I forgot all about the MC shows and went to check the dates and it was Jan . I guess I missed it :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.