Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traveling at night on a motorcycle is always risky business; that's why we always take authority over evil and thank God for HIs wisdom to always go before us and His angels to keep us safe; an example of His doing just that can be summed up by my making a decision to change lanes as we were driving along a dark and lonesome four lane stretch of highway 11 somewhere around E. Liverpool Ohio after 9pm; we were in the far right lane when we passed a large dead doe laying crossways in the left hand lane; I had changed lanes not because there was any traffic, we had the road to ourselves, and it was certainly smoother in the left lane, but I "Felt led to," then I found out why. We were both thanking God.

Folks, our Heavenly Father is interested in our well being, but we have to allow Him the the opportunity to get involved - He is just not going to take our lives over and place us in some protective bubble; no His word declares, "What you say... what you believe...." That is why we always start every trip and every day with Thanking God for His protection, as well as binding any evil thing that could cause us injury or hurt...!

God is so good!

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Often there are higher powers at work in our lives. The trick is in the listening and interpretation of the message.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Glad you listened.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Remember the scene in "Monty Python's Holy Grail" when God gives them their mission to find the Holy Grail?
"Good idea, Lord!", says King Arthur.

"OF COURSE IT'S A GOOD IDEA!" says God.
:D

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I thank the Lord for keeping us safe. Many trips, especially at night, I ask him to keep us safe.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I would say a prayer every morning before we took off on our daily ride.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Most people don't know it but I also say prayers every day

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Gordo,

We knew it. You can't be grumpy unless you see this world clearly! Heck, good time and place to post a tune! Johnny Nash wrote this song and recorded it before Jimmy Cliff covered it, and Cliff was a giant in speaking out, through music, against the Jamaican government, paying for it with jail time.

"A wise man understands the world he lives in." (Pontius Pilot in Ben-Hur) In the interest of full disclosure, I died on February 20, 2011 and have been a fair way to the other side. Trust me, Hell is THIS side. But, we make of it what we can, including riding Wings!

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
You got me I'm not Grumpy , it's a front so you big bad biker guys don't pick on me :)

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.