Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on a trip from Miami to Austin TX with my wife and will like to be able to communicate with her with intercom system but with ear buds. Anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish this??

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Ruben, J&M does not. EdSets has contracted with PlugUp.com. I would order through EdSets to be sure I was getting the proper connector to the bike. It might be best to call them. The website doesn't give much info. But I think they're going to be terribly expensive.

Let us know what you find out.

When are you coming to Austin? I'm on a group ride to the hill country for Thanksgiving weekend. I'll save a spot for you.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have been using an Autocom with earbuds for now 10+ years
The ones I have found are the best and the most comfortable I got off Ebay maybe 5/6 years ago and they need replacing maybe every 2 years or so. They sit flat with the ear.
I know their are heaps better but these are good for me

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141520770804?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
The issue with these is that they don't seem to have a mic to enable talking back and forth.
Sena has a couple of models here that might work for you.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Sena makes a good product. Highly rated. But they still have issues. Read the reviews on the seller's website before committing.

Sena and all of the other brands with similar products will have limits affectin group riders. As far as I know, CB is not available with those types of systems. If you want to communicate with another bike, it must be equipped with compatible system.

I think www.WebBikeWorld.com would be a good resource for you. They have an extensive library of very thorough reviews on communication sets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.