Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just purchased a 96 wing and I am wondering if I should purchase the onboard headsets for it, or go bluetooth. Any thought woulf br greatly appreaciated!!

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Hi right back at you wingscan. Welcome to the GWOF. Good people, info & discussion here. My only thought on the subject is the onboard setup will be less costly. I don't know anyone that has the bluetooth. At least one of the guys has Chatterbox bike to bike system so he may chime in. There may be others that I don't know about. Let's you & I sit back and see who posts shall we.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF wingscan

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have the Cardo headsets with blue tooth. The system worked well at the slower speeds, but we had to scream a lot around 80 MPH. However this problem occurred with another bike, a V twin, The blue tooth connected to a cell phone worked really well. I have not had a chance to try out the system with the Wing. I have had it to 65 MPH and it was better in the wing than in the other bike. The rider is so well protected in the Wing, that even a conversation between front and back seat rider at speed is easier. I am curious to find out what others think. Great question!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Used Cardo rider on a VTX with loud exaust and Green Wing thats quiet. Love it! Make sure the volume is turned up and the flat side of thr mic is vertical. Great noise canceling mic and love not being wired. My TomTom rider 2 works great with it as does my cell. You must make a loud sound to activate the VOX.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Depends on if you want to recharge batteries everytime you ride or you prefer to spend a lot less money and just "plug-in" each time you ride!
No question in my mind:
http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=313
This will upset many but, we have no business talking on phones while riding and should keep our intercom use to a minimum.
Many accidents are cause by cell phone use, that is a fact! Most, IMHO are caused while trying to dial the phone!
Sorry for the partial hi-jack here!

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
This will upset many but, we have no business talking on phones while riding and should keep our intercom use to a minimum.

This ole fossil's with you dawg riding a bike is no mix for a cell. I do admit to using cell while driving a cage (mostly at work). However I always think to myself about being on a bike & talking on the phone & I wonder WHY WOULD YOU? I mean I don't know about anyone else but I work to [email protected]*# hard & have to use one. When I get on the Wing or Nighthawk that's the time to relax forget those things even exist & pay attention to what I'm & others are doing. That's my rant on the subject we now return you to the regular scheduled program. Sorry for the Hijack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts