Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some insite on my problem with my intercom system on my 1989 goldwing trike. The problem is that both the wife and i can hear the radio, I can hear her but she cant hear me. The dealer replaced both head sets and still the same thing. :( Than dealer changed out radio and still the same thing. :( If I want to talk on CB I have to plug into rear plug on bike to do so. I believe this means that somethings wrong between my cord and radio, but how can I trace this?

PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO HAIR LEFT

Wiring diagrams might help but where do I fine them ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the cord coming out by the left fairing pocket can be replaced fairly easly. Try removing the left fairing pocket and see where the cord connects, I can't recall if it's right there under the pocket or to the radio. Might be able to switch it with the one for the co-rider to see if that's the problem. Have to take the seat off to get at the cord connection for the co-rider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have taken that plug assembly out and tested with ohm meter and it checks out good, on all 5 posts.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
I think my next step would be to try switching with the co-riders cord.
There might be another connection between the radio and the cord. Have you had the radio off to look at the connection. It could be after all these years the connectors are getting dirty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have torn the bike almost apart and have unplugged/cleaned/and reassembled MANY of the connectors. I also just tried another pigtail and I still have the same problem, hear but no talk

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Wish you here in my area. It's way easier to trouble shot these thing up close then long distance.
So you can talk from the co- rider position, the dealer has tried another radio and it won't work.
When you plug into the co-rider cord and use the CB, where to you key the CB from
the left grip key or the passenger key ???
If you are using the passenger key then, try flushing the push to talk key by the left grip with RADIO SHACK CONTACT CLEANER. Last year I had an 1800 come in here that couldn't talk on the CB, I flushed out the switch with Contact Cleaner and solved the problem. She didn't have a co-rider so I have no idea if the intercom was effected or not. I can see if things are gummed up in there where it might effect both the CB and intercom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts