Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am looking for input on inter-com systems. Seems like a lot of choices out there.

Thanks
Rob

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
fortunantly both my wings came with an intercom that i don't use because i hardly ever have a pasenger but you are right about the choices. i think i want a bike to bike communicator

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Rob, you've asked a pretty open ended question. Like you said lots of choices.

I use J&M's because all I wanted to do was talk to little lady & listen to music.

My suggestion to you is determine what features are important to you & then make a pro/con list.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Plug in a line from your helmet to the bike's factory system or go wireless and use the options available with that style. Well.........?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob, you've asked a pretty open ended question. Like you said lots of choices.

I use J&M's because all I wanted to do was talk to little lady & listen to music.

My suggestion to you is determine what features are important to you & then make a pro/con list.
Sorry, that was pretty vague. I am looking to listen to music and be able to talk to my passenger.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Sorry, that was pretty vague. I am looking to listen to music and be able to talk to my passenger.
Rob the reason I asked the question was in this era some of the guys want to be able to talk on cellphones & such which would change the recommendation. I personally have no reason to do such a thing, for me riding gets me away from all that stuff.

My recommendation is I would go with J&M. I have the 2 piece units so that if anything ever happens to the connecting chord you don't have to change the whole headset.
Some guys like the wireless headsets because they don't want to be connected to the bike but it never bothered either myself or the little lady,

Here is the link to Wingstuff's web pages on Headsets. They have great service & are one of our Site Sponsors.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/224_goldwing_headsets/des/

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'm pretty sold on J&M but that's just my choice and experiences I've had with them. I'm sure there are others that are just as fine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bought a set of Sena SMH10 bluetooth headsets for my flower and I and love them. Sound quality is great in my wife's helmet and for mine, I purchased the optional mount with the earbud jack (reduces road noise and improves sound quality even more).

The units pair with each other for intercom use while allowing my wife and I to listen to our tunes or make phone calls from our Droid Xs.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/smh10.php?tab_menu=overview

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I highly recommend the J&M Elite headsets. As you don't need/want cell support, bluetooth is overkill, IMHO. True, you will have to deal with the cords, but then again you won't have to deal with battery recharges and/or replacements. Your ride already has the iPod interface and you can also activate the XM subscription, but be prepared for occaisional signal loss with XM unless they have improved that particular issue.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Get the best there is on the market, the Cardo G4 Powerset. If you want the ultimate in two way communication, bike to bike, bluetooth (I.E. iPhone, iPod, GPS, anything bluetooth). I never leave home without it, even when riding solo. I recommend the non-boom model for fullface helmets and the boom model for open face/modular helmets. I believe there is a vendor here selling them for $300. The unit's software is upgradeable online and can keep up with changes in the near future.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Rapier already knows my decision, but I'll state it publicly. I'm going cordless. The wife would benefit more from the phone Bluetooth capability and the fact that you can add other riders to your system means junior could get his own for those father and son outings. Yep. Rider's Discount has a pair of G4's for about $310.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Chopin, I hope your wife's phone is bluetooth capable, if not, you need to upgrade to make the most of it. She will love multitasking while out on the road. She can make calls, listen to her own music (bluetooth, mp3, am/fm) and help out with navigation. Make sure to upgrade to the latest software immediately upon receiving your units. If they have old software, you will be wasting your time. As for Junior, you can save money when your wife doesn't ride along and just buy the universal helmet mount (boom mike or full face) for about $45. He can just snap on your wife's G4 unit and you're in business! I have mounts on all my helmets, including for off-road.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Chopin, I hope your wife's phone is bluetooth capable, if not, you need to upgrade to make the most of it. She will love multitasking while out on the road. She can make calls, listen to her own music (bluetooth, mp3, am/fm) and help out with navigation.
Rest assured Mz. Vickie is wired with the latest technology she is willing to afford. This bike communication stuff is for her benefit more so than mine. I can feel her texting on her Crackberry while I'm driving and if I can keep her busy back there and not looking at the turn up ahead I won't have to feel the nervous tug on my belt loop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just hooked up my Autocom Pro system to the GW system using part# 2295 . Now I have all the features of the factory system with the sound and performance of the Autocom !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts