Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinking today about the insurance I put on the wing. On my old wing, I just had liability. I told them I wanted the same thing on the new one, but wasnt thinking about only having the liability. Do most of you have full coverage on yoiur bikes? 1995 1500.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I have full coverage on the 1200. It wasn't but a few dollars more than liability only.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Yep Got full coverage plus towing / Roadside assistance package on both of mine.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Full coverage plus un-insured motorist.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Liability only on two motorcycles for less than $150.00 for the whole year. This included comp for theft but not collision.

In Washington State, we are not required to have insurance on motorcycles. However, when we travel to other states, those states require it and so I have it.... but only the state minimums and I did not prescribe to the under/un -insured motorist. The under/un cost $80 a year by itself.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Depending on the year of your bike, if you get into an accident and the repair is more than the blue book value you will only get blue book for it, On a 1995 almost anything that happens will exceed the blue book value. Check the difference in policy price and see if it's worth it. Collision on my 09 Concours1400 is $146.00 a year

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I will be asking them about full coverage when we call them to put it on Sue's bike. I had to laugh, when I called them to switch from my 85 to the 95, my premium went down almost half. I asked them why it went down on a newer bike, they told me its because parts on an older one are harder to find. I didnt ask anymore questioins.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
PM Sent.... B.D.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Got to thinking today about the insurance I put on the wing. On my old wing, I just had liability. I told them I wanted the same thing on the new one, but wasnt thinking about only having the liability. Do most of you have full coverage on yoiur bikes? 1995 1500.
Yep, If I should lose it and ruin it, It needs covered. I have a 96 ASP, triked out, but even if only two wheels would get total coverage.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Have the full coverage on mine..

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Full coverage on my Wing, PL/PD only on the RC. I refuse to let the insurance company rape me for more on the sport bike. 40 years experience and a spotless license to get lumped in the group with the 18 year old squids just plain ticks me off.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Full coverage on my Wing, PL/PD only on the RC. I refuse to let the insurance company rape me for more on the sport bike. 40 years experience and a spotless license to get lumped in the group with the 18 year old squids just plain ticks me off.
Yeah, that kind of ticks me off too. Especially when I see more sport bike damage and foolishness than I do from cruisers and tourers. Oh, and also add that seeing the rate for my full coverage (I had no choice) is listed at the "recreational vehicle" level. I use the bike to get to and from work in one of the most congested areas around (downtown DC) and that sure as hell isn't "recreational"!!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Called to add my wifes bike, and I did have full coverage on mine. Bothe our bikes together, and its still cheaper then when I had just my 85.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Full coverage on both my bikes. Just switched a few months ago to Allstate and saved a lot of money. They were less than half what I was paying before. Maybe it is just bait and switch but right now they are very competitive. (No, I don't sell insurance.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.