Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I do not know whether or not they forgot to install this on my bike...I ride to work almost every day on the bike...but leave work in the dark....

Does any one have a 2010 GW that the Heated Seat / Handle bar controls are back lit....in the dark I can not find the controll knobs or the controls for the display i.e. info button...

It appears by the service manual there are no lights...but I can not beleive Honda would be that relaxed in safety

Keep in mind....I live out in the country....there are no street lights...only two beedie eyes staring at you.....(OK don't come back and tell me to watch the road versus the controls....)

Safe Ride

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Coming back from a cold raining ride last night I saw the same thing. NO LIGHTS! Well I guess we just have to play it by feel.....IF you can find the controls????

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same question. Going back to the dealer on Tuesday to find the answer to this. Took my first night ride on my new bike and wife wanted to know how cold it was. Couldn't find the button but knew it was under the screen somewhere. This has to be fixed!!!! I'll let you know.

Locknut!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
They are not backlit. Switches on the handlebars are but not the heat switches for the grips or seat...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Right you are Two Wheel. And the DISP,TRIP,DIM,INFO buttons aren't backlit either. I ride quite a bit in the dark, nd I've learned the locations pretty well, but I still fumble once in a while. The INFO is the hardest one to find for me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a good example of where the engineering team designed the bike but turned it over to the test team and never rode the bike in the dark.....It would have been so easy to incorporate back lit switches.....

Grade: "F" :eek: for Honda in this department....

I guess I will hook up my trouble light to the bike and run an extra long extension cord....:D

Safe Ride...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Mark, I'm at a meeting with Honda reps on Thursday, and that's one of several items on my list.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Haha, maybe Kuryakin can come up with some Lizard lights for those areas:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark, I'm at a meeting with Honda reps on Thursday, and that's one of several items on my list.
Suggest an up grade for the 2010...since this bike will have to last for 30 years...can't afford a new one every year...or every other year...or every tenth year...:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, maybe Kuryakin can come up with some Lizard lights for those areas:eek:
I knew it....its a plot by the Japanese to get more money out of me....:eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I wouldn't bank on any changes until the new model arrives in 20?? It's kind of sad, but the wheels of justice in Honda's R&D turn very slowly. They seem pretty big on re-inventing the wheel (Rune, VFR1200, DN01) but doiong the "no-brainers" to us Wingnuts falls by the wayside. But I have my list and I will be heard. Like my Sensei used to tell me, "when all else fails...hip toss!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts