Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install the Flash2Pass transmitter on my '06 Wing and the instructions from the vendor really suck pond water! Any one done this that can give me some useful suggestions as to how to get to the right wiring harness for the high beam light? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
This thread caught my eye as I am a garage door mechanic. Never ran across this little gadget here yet. Interesting that it could tell your light pattern from some unauthorized one. One of those " How they do that ? " reaction. Most of the riders here only know to ask about the mini key- chain remote. If I " had " a garage I would certainly put one on and then I could give you advise instead of just having my curiosity piqued. But I hope to follow your saga through to its successful ending for my own professional edification. Let's " Git -R -Done ".

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
Bs: I looked further into the product on line and my first impression was the " receiver " had an optic eye. A problem with the picture or me is left up to a jury of my peers only! Now the concept makes sense: activate the " transmitter with a pulse burst from the high beams and the " sender " communicates with the interior receiver. Ask " joe in calf " about the wiring of the Golwing, so far he is the preeminant purveyor of Goldwing information. I have an '08 and no garage! I'm too new on the former but well seasoned on the latter. Where the heck is Joe when you need him. I put in a personal call to him.

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
BS: An after-thought of an idle mind. Since receiver seems to be just activated by two electric pulses, could not the unit be tapped into any circuit that applying two distinct pulses would satisfy the receiver; i.e., the rear brake lights, horn , turn signal, etc. I can see the ergonomic advantage of using the high-beam pulse and the annoyance of using the horn circuit ( p.s. that is some horn on that Goldwing! ). The brake light circuit has potential for ease of tapping into and trunk mounting reasons: the only draw back is activating it on the move. Don't mean to belabor it, I was just thinking outside the box. " He who first begins to think, put some portion of the world in jeporady ." ~ J. Dewey

·
Registered
222 Posts
Using the vehicle's opener

I keep with the KISS strategy in all things possible. I just utilize my garage door opener from my F150 and I used a small piece of velcro on the right side of the dash of the Wing (I am righty), and as I move up the drive, I hit the button and the door opens every time. The F150 doesn't fit in the garage, but the wing fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
Interference. I take it the Victory has no range issue ? If not, your bike could be generating the "interference ". The metal door could be acting as a signal barrier; but if so, all signal of that frequency should suffer. I have known cars to have your problem: If the driver held the remote outside his window it would work. This is a very rare case, but it does happen. Where is the transmitter buried in your bike ? Can you temporarily move it to an external position on the Wing ? " Interference " is a hit-or-miss problem in our industry because we dont have equipment to measure or detect all the " RF " signals swirling around a particular environment, and re-tuning the units to a different frequency requires more than a tuning screw driver. To re-cap: If your son's bike has no range issue, let's focus on your bike first.

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
Welcome aboard pilot8127! Your stepping into " BS's " remote issue here! It's time the Goldwing adds " Home-Link to their bikes as a standard. For crying out loud, Honda basically built a convertable without doors, why not add their built -in remote while they're at it ? BS bought a $70.00 universal integrated system, and damn if we are not going to make it work! " Things won are done. Joy's soul lies in the doing " ~ W. Shakespeare. Stay close here, pilot. The plane is temporarily off course.......

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
I'm dredging up an old thread here, but I wondered about the outcome of " BSWilkes " and his garage remote adventure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.