Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an update of sorts. I ordered a stock size Slipstreamer windshield with the vent for my 1500 from Wingstuff. It should be on my porch tomorrow according to UPS. I have read here that the vent doesn't come installed, and that there are no instructions with the windshield. Any tips or tricks that would help with the install? I really don't want to break the vent on my new shield. Thanks all, ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Chris no need to fret. There is only 1 way for it go in & on. If you have any issues shoot me a PM & I'll lend a hand. I had mine installed & on bike start to finish about 45 minutes & that was with some messing around.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fossil. I took my old windshield off last week for the first time without a problem. Now I want it all to go back together smoothly too.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
did your windshield come with a vent or do you need to cut the hole to install the vent

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't gotten the windshield yet. It should be here tomorrow. I sure hope it has the hole in it already. I would NOT like to have to cut a hole in my brand new windshield myself.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
did you order a windshield with a vent hole in it? if you did all you'll have to do is install the vent

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I ordered a windshield with the vent. I just wanted to know if there was anything I should know about installing the vent.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there are only a couple screws holding the vent in place

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: I recieved my windshield late this afternoon, pulled it out of the box and found out that the vent was already INSTALLED!!! Nice. So far, I really like the shield, no scratches and much thicker than the stocker I had on my bike for years. I see ( pun intended!) many years and miles ahead of me with this shield on my bike. I'll install it tomorrow, then I'll have to take it out for a ride, of course. Thanks for all of your help. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Make sure you enjoy the road ahead now that it will become much clearer.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts