Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received my package from " Electrical Connection " containing the lower cowl LED lights for my 1800. At first glance of the instruction I can surmise that it is a bit more " involved " than the Hondaline version. When they send you a " heat iron " with the kit you know that you are in for a custom installation. Let's just say they are not plug-n-play.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good luck to you Maestro. I hope the 'destructions' are clearly written. Bad road directions can get you lost, bad installation instruction can get you in a mell-of-a-hess. Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
It's about time you got done whining about it & just got down to buisness. You know you could have taken a picture & at least shown all of us the pains of your labor.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
huh?

Looks like you are proving Bill's point.
You do talk out yer Arse.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right. I confess. When I opened my $92.30 delivered box stuffed with newspapers that consisted of two hockey puck size LED lights, two springs, soldering iron with a bent tip, wiring harness and a procedure page with hand written addendum's inserted and no pictures, I thought the stuff came from Advanced Auto. The LED's are secured to the cowl holes by a spring ( here is where the soldering iron with the bent tip is used ). You melt two small holes in the plastic " gussets " to anchor each end of the spring that stretches across the hole opening. The LED's are held in the holes by the spring tension across the back of them. Once I found out what a ' gusset " was, it all became clear. As for the On/Off switch...... Well there is a blank provided on the side panel for that. The On/Off switch that you get, however, is not the one that the cut out is made for. It is a button switch, so we blow a 5/8in. hole in the blank. They could have at least used a switch that fit the cutout.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
All right. I confess. When I opened my $92.30 delivered box stuffed with newspapers that consisted of two hockey puck size LED lights, two springs, soldering iron with a bent tip, wiring harness and a procedure page with hand written addendum's inserted and no pictures, I thought the stuff came from Advanced Auto. The LED's are secured to the cowl holes by a spring ( here is where the soldering iron with the bent tip is used ). You melt two small holes in the plastic " gussets " to anchor each end of the spring that stretches across the hole opening. The LED's are held in the holes by the spring tension across the back of them. Once I found out what a ' gusset " was, it all became clear. As for the On/Off switch...... Well there is a blank provided on the side panel for that. The On/Off switch that you get, however, is not the one that the cut out is made for. It is a button switch, so we blow a 5/8in. hole in the blank. They could have at least used a switch that fit the cutout.

Now you know why some of us chose the HONDA Led lights.... Plug and play...

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Pictures. These amber low watt LED's really PoP at night. During the day you may as well keep them off and save electricity.
But, do they match the cup holder????????:D

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Pictures. These amber low watt LED's really PoP at night. During the day you may as well keep them off and save electricity.
Suh-Weeeeet! I like 'em.

still dangerous titles roaming around.

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
Very nice, Lee.

You did a good job.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice, Lee.

You did a good job.
That means a lot coming from you, my mentor . There are, however, a few tiny scratch blemishes around the cut out holes that the forgiving camera can't show. When Mike installed his he marred the holes enough to warrant chrome light covers.

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
There are, however, a few tiny scratch blemishes around the cut out holes that the forgiving camera can't show.
Now see you had to mention that. I saw them but wasn't going to point it out.:rolleyes:

I promise I won't look at them when we're riding together. Besides everybody that sees us will be saying "Did you see that Beautiful White Wing with that blue thing, whatever it was?" So I wouldn't worry about a couple of scratches.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are kind of funky looking. What's with the blue tint lense? The lights are amber. They have them in white light and one can purchase just the lamp portion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts