Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a fuse block on my 1997 Wing, and made a YouTube video about the process. It's all based on a pretty detailed description of the project in Dale Coyner's book "Motorcycle Travel".

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
Great!!!!! I've been advocating for a " Technical " sub -forum here for awhile. This is the kind of procedure we need to archive in a special place for all to find and reference.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
I did that same type install on my 1500 when I decided to start running heated clothing.

Bought mine from Wingstuff but it was made by Electrical Connection which included the relay that when tied in to the start circuit would disconnect the load off the battery when starting the bike.

Here's a link to that item.

http://wingstuff.com/products/3448-...te?context=gold_wing_gl1500-lights_electrical

Seattleboatguy great video. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought mine from Wingstuff but it was made by Electrical Connection which included the relay that when tied in to the start circuit would disconnect the load off the battery when starting the bike.

The idea of temporarily disconnecting the thing when the starter is in use is a GREAT idea. I wish mine was wired that way. I also wish my bike's lighting was wired that way.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
The idea of temporarily disconnecting the thing when the starter is in use is a GREAT idea. I wish mine was wired that way. I also wish my bike's lighting was wired that way.
If you would like, I believe I have the instructions yet that would explain what wire to tie into.

I can look for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts