Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the chrome radiator faring grill accent for my 2008 Goldwing. It is not the one that merely fits over the top of the stock grill and stuck with tape. It came with “no installation instructions” in the description but it looks like I have to remove the original faring grill and replace it with the chrome version. Presumably that means removal of many parts, including the top shelf, in order to get to each side. Anyone else tackled this problem?
Thanks.
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which manufacture are these, they look like Show Chrome.
Thanks for the reply. They are not Show Chrome. Mfg stated as “TCMT”. I also thought they were Show Chrome but I was careless in not paying more attention to the ad. I think that I will just put them on the shelf for now and wait until I have something else that requires the removal of the top-shelf and do both at that time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I have discovered that the are mounted from the inside and that the entire top-shelf has to be removed in order the install them. I have decided to simply put them on the shelf until i need to change the air filter or some other issue requiring the top shelf to be removed. I do my own work where I can and I have done the top shelf removal several times before on my other Goldwings. It’s a big job, but not impossible. Thanks to those who took the time to read and send suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts