Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the gold wing heated grips, and every thing, regarding all the connections , etc looks simple. I 'm a very nervous person (and cheap, they want $145 to install them), so I'm going to try to install them myself;
1. from what I read, the controller is installed on the square black panel just right of the key right fairing pocket lock. Do I drill a hole just to the right of the controller so the wires and plugs can go through? Is there room on this panel for the controller and the hole?
2. do I need to remove the right fairing pocket so the wires from the right grip can run under them?
3/ the connection from the grips and controller to the battery. Is this connection made around the left fairing pocket ,and then run under the left side of the tank to the battery? I noticed tht the leads from the controller are only about 8'' long , so do I run the lead to the battery under the right side of the tank to the battery? ( I read all the posts, and one says to remove the seat, is that right?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If the dealer says $145 to install them, I'd jump all over it. I hate wiring, and running the leads for the grips, and cutting holes myself scares the crap outa me. I don't have any issue with oil and fluid changes, wheel removal etc, but $145 seems almost a bargain for what has to be done. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts