Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How difficult is it to replace the seal in the fork tube of an '03 GW? What is the recommended air pressure for the forks?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
I think Dookoo is in the process of doing (or just did) his. Maybe he can give you the lowdown, I've never done any.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you are patient, buy the proper tools (mainly a seal driver, available in a kit from Traxxion or Race Tech, even Wingstuff), and have a shop manual (recommended since its your first time), it is very easy. I recommend going to at least 1.0kg/mm springs at this point, $100, since you will have everything apart. I figure a couple of hours to get the forks off, a couple more to take apart, clean, and install new fork seals/oil/etc. PM me and I'll be happy to be of assistance. Make sure you burnish your fork sliders as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Dookoo, I have the shop manual but I'll have to get other stuff you recommended. I'll definitely PM again if I have any trouble w/ it. I'll order the stuff in the next day or so and will tackle replacing them in a week or two. I've got my '55 Belair torn apart at the moment and installing a push button start system like the new cars have, hopefully I'll finish it this weekend and maybe I can start on the forks then. Thanks again..........Charlie

·
Registered
741 Posts
By the sound of it, you're handy with tools so it will be a breeze. I very much recommend the kit from Traxxion for around $75. It has everything you need for servicing your fork. I also highly recommend disabling the anti dive with a $20 washer from Wingstuff. It will smooth out your ride as well as not blowing out the clutch/anti dive side fork seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts