Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I own a recently purchased, 41,000 mile 94 wing. Saturday I rode it on a cold outing. Temps stayed between 14 and 30. Two problems came up. With the CBs squelch turned all the way down to either extreme, the CB always showed "RX". If someone was close I could hear them and transmit to them. The radio has worked flawlessly in the past with the squelch setting rarely needing adjusting.Second, the cruise disengaged by itself and would not reset, but the cruise stayed on. I cycled the clutch, tried it in both 4th and 5th gears, lightly applied pressure to both front and rear brakes, no luck. I shut the bike down, restarted the bike and then the cruise would not even turn on. This 200 mile round trip was all interstate riding. Is 20 degrees (F) cold enough to cause electronics to fail? Your input would be greatly appreciated as I am basicly new to wings. All I know is that I have put 4,000 trouble free miles on the bike without a glitch.
Thanks,
Gene

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
CB function is normal, turn the squelch to a higher number, some times the buttons on the bikes will get dirty and need cleaning, If the ON button will come on but the cruise will not set try pushing out slightly on the clutch lever as you SET the cruise, if that doesn't work, try pushing out a little on the brake lever and try to set the cruise, they both have little micro switches that cab stick or the brass sleeve in the lever can be worn out. If the buttons are dirty you can spray contact cleaner into them and work them in and out, cover any parts of the bike so you don't get cleaner on the bike. Or if the ON light doesn't come on it could be a fuse.

·
Registered
183 Posts
One time on a trip when my cruise had been working fine, I tried to turn it off by using the cruise on/off switch. No luck! I later found that the little button was dirty and was stucking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts