Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a flash from Honda Canada this morning regarding the complaints on the seat and handlebar heaters. It has some handy information regarding the operational parameters and troubleshooting diagnosis. If your seat heaters seem to be inoperative, it could be due to ambient temperature. The seat heaters front and rear sections will not operate at temperatures above 18*c (65*f). The handgrips are not tempersture biased. While this is intended for dealership/service department and not for the customer use, I would certainly not have a problem e-mailing a pdf copy should anyone want one. Simply PM me and I'll get one off to you via e-mail. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
you would have to be awfuly cold blooded to need a seat heater at 65f

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Butt why ? I can't roast my marbles above 65* ambient temp ? What liability issue prompted this ? They trick us with the speedometer reading and then cut the heat off. I smell a ---------->

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Now thats getting alittle picky....

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The temp cut-off is just how the heaters are SUPPOSED to work. The bulletin I got was more concerned with how to troubleshoot the problem. I would think the US dealerships would have the same bulletin and will act as required to help out their customers. I just thought I would let everyone know that there is at least an attemp to solve things from Honda's end. I don't have that many GL's out there from our dealership since we are rural and therefore small in relation to the big city boys, but I do think this is a positive.
Daryl

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
i'm just messin with ya -)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries at all. It was -2 (29f) this morning on my ride in, and I had the grips on setting 2, seat wasn't on at all. I put a set of the Tulsa mirror wind wings on Monday evening, and they work great. Very little cold wind on the hands, and a bit less buffeting around the 1/2 shell helmet with the ear cover on. I'll see if there's any difference with the Arai Vector (it's a noisy bucket in my opinion). I got such a good deal on the thing I couldn't resist, but it's noisy, visor is quick to fog, and my i/c speakers pinch my ears. I'm going to get brave with the xacto knife and do some cutting of the liner and see if it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts