Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi to all (and chopin). I bought a $20,000 motorcycle and am junking up with cheap dollar store accessories. I just adapted a Canadian Tire (auto store) drink holder to the wing and it seems to work well. It's designed to fit a car vent but I drilled 2 holes in the top of the plastic bracket, used 2 plastic tie-downs, and tied it to the piece of the handlebar directly in front of the master cylinder. It's a tapered piece of metal so I used the double sided tape included in the package to hold the tie-downs in place. All for less than $10. Bring on the cheap jokes:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,759 Posts
Poncho: The pictures are proof positive. I will stop by " Trac Auto " this week and look for a comparable unite to fit your design. In regards to your last statement " Bring on the cheap jokes": You will recall that I worked in a biomedical lab back in the late '70 to early '80. Three of us ( Jay , myself and kevin ) used the available laboratory hardware to design what we termed a " MasterBlaster ". We did not patent the design but I think the idea caught on and we can see it today in variations. Imitation is flattery............

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else did you get up to in that lab ? Chia pets ? George forman's grill ? Just kidding, man. Seriously, there was a thread on this forum where some guy did something similar but he used a thing that held pens, phones,etc. However, the only ones I could fine were too small......so I improvised. Also, those Rammounts for drink holders seem to stick out alot - don't seen too safe if involved in a head-on accident. Cheers !

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
holder

It doesn't look to deep, be careful going over a bump. I have one I got that is designed for a bicycle, price was $10.00. I modified it a little, It comes with a Velcro strap that goes around the bicycle handlebars, I took that off and put a screw through the hole and mount it to the clamp that holds the brake reservoir to the bike. It's adjustable and the bottom twists to hold the container tight

·
Premium Member
23,759 Posts
It doesn't look to deep, be careful going over a bump. I have one I got that is designed for a bicycle, price was $10.00. I modified it a little, It comes with a Velcro strap that goes around the bicycle handlebars, I took that off and put a screw through the hole and mount it to the clamp that holds the brake reservoir to the bike. It's adjustable and the bottom twists to hold the container tight

Good cheap variations on the same theme ! A little barnstorming to get the mooses flowing!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drinks seem pretty tight when I use this foam insulator to keep drinks cool or warm. I haven't tested it yet and you may be right in it being too short. I let you know how it goes as I'll be riding very soon - maybe next week ! The Big Blue Wing and I are itching to go:D Hope you can read it;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,759 Posts
Time to kick some " gas " , Poncho. I'll be riding out on Sunday, should be in the upper 50's. My neighborhood riding buddies both have their bikes up for the winter. One has a 1300 VTX and the other a FatBoy. Won't see them until the spring. This is the problem with upgrading, you can find yourself alone at the top.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Your foam insulator will probably hold it o.k., I didn't see that in the first post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.