Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
seat is too low for me, I don't like forward controls, and I don't want all the vibration that a big v-twin has

·
Registered
725 Posts
VRod - Similar Seating Position

Same with the water cooled VRod - Their forward controls put such a cramp in both legs and shoulders after about a 30 minute test ride that I almost couldn't get off the thing. There are handle bar and foot contol relocation kits available but I've read where your heels are now tucked too far back up under you. Then you can't wear your spurs any more for sure....:)

It's too bad HD placed the seating position so poorly - especially after Porsche designed such an ultra modern engine for them. Hopefully the new generation of riders wont turn their backs on the latest water cooled Indian motor like they did the (Now Out of Production) VRod.

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
seat is too low for me, I don't like forward controls, and I don't want all the vibration that a big v-twin has
Yeah, have to agree on not being very fond of forward controls, but with out riding one can't speak of the typical V-twin vibration. It is a 60 degree v with a counter balance shaft not a 45 degree. Rode a Ducati Xdaviel, that is a big v twin and that has none of the typical vibration of a Harley.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11 Posts
For me it's just the opposite, but I'm 68 and don't like my feet right under me. Also, I have an Indian with the Thunderstroke 111 engine and its very smooth and un-Harley. Now, It's not Goldwing smooth, but very nice.

·
Super Moderator
28,152 Posts
I guess if you are into the Indiarley look it might be alright....Or is it Harlian???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess if you are into the Indiarley look it might be alright....Or is it Harlian???
Upon further review, the fairing is monster! It looks front-heavy ....like it would fall over forward with hard braking. Not for me, but I'd like to see that engine on a tourer.

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
Yeah, have to agree on not being very fond of forward controls, but with out riding one can't speak of the typical V-twin vibration. It is a 60 degree v with a counter balance shaft not a 45 degree. Rode a Ducati Xdaviel, that is a big v twin and that has none of the typical vibration of a Harley.

that just leaves the other two, a seat that is way too low and forward controls. anyway i'm really not interested in another 800+ pound motorcycle unless its a trike or hack

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The lower seat is a plus for me.
I am short legged and getting older, thinking maybe one more year on the 'wing then going to something lower and lighter. Or possibly keep the Wing for trips and add a daily rider. Indian Scout is high on the list, have demo rode a couple of times, controls are forward but not to bad, I'm sure a guy would get use to them. V-Rod controls are way to far forward for my short legs.
Adventure bike is out of the question, need a ladder to even get on one and I am no longer into dirt riding (too old).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
my quest for a bike that weighs less than my wing led me to the Mighty ST 1300 and having owned it for a few years now I am spoiled on that gigantic gas tank, it would be very hard to get a big bike that holds less gas plus i'm not into the Harley / indian look anyway. seems like I've been looking at the same old style on Harley's since I was a kid

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had the 2014 Harley Dyna Low Rider that I bought with 600 miles on the odometer. It had forward controls that I liked and I"m only 5'7". But, I also bought the standard Foot pegs so that I would be able to move my feet around on a long trip. That besides my Goldwings was a favorite bike until I totaled it in the Texas Hill Country breaking both my leg bones at the ankle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts