Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Charles and I am really excited to be the owner of a new '10 'wing. Got it in October; flew out to Cherry Hill NJ and picked it up.

Looking forward to long trips this next year!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your new ride. I'm sure you will get many many happy miles from it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome along Charles. Congrats on your new Wing!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Enjoy the forum and ride safe. Nice folks and good info on here.. What color? Any pics??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks twowheel, yes I have some pics and have to get them on here.

Riggin, that looks like a 'bow.... is it? I love to dredge big nymphs with an old 9 wt I have... through big old brown deep holes like that one in the background! Used to fish for Steelies in Michigan on the Marquette.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yes you are correct on the rainbow. I use nymphs in this spot deep !! My favorite is the Woolly Bugger! I usually use drys during the hatch, may flies work awesome here!!!

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I have heard of a lot of locals here rave about " Cherry Hill Honda ". Got to be a better deal than Cherry Point , NC. Semper.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from NW IL. and congrats on your wing, maybe see you on the road someday.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello charles, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have heard of a lot of locals here rave about " Cherry Hill Honda ". Got to be a better deal than Cherry Point , NC. Semper.
Yes, I have to say, I got a great deal out there, compared to locally here... I got a loaded '10 for just over 23K out the door.... and one here locally w/o the nav and AIS was almost 24K (sticker) and they woudn't come off the price.

One top of that. I walk in the store and the internet sales mgr tells me to pick out a $1000 worth of free Hondaline accessories because of a promotion they started that weekend.

I had canceled a new 'wing at another dealership in Ark and they kept my 1K deposit but said I could have it back in chrome... I have that on the way now.

Life is good!

Funny thing about that trip... I arrived there on a Monday afternoon and because of flight delays and traffic I got to the dealership at around 3pm instead of 1 pm. It was steady rain all day... and by the time I was ready it was about 6 pm; I waited and waited some more thinking it might let up some, but finally got out the door... it was 6:30... a steady rain was coming down and temos in the 50's.

Anyway, I get on a new motorcycle that I had never really been on - to any degree, hit the rush hour traffic around Philly and take off into a hectic environment on a huge motorcycle that was totally alien to me. Believe me, I was thanking God for His protection with every breath and claiming victory!

Another thing, I had hand carried some Kury highway boards out there with me because I wanted to be sure to have somewhere for my feet. I was certain I would never be able to make it back without being able to stretch my legs out. I rode just over 100 miles and stayed somewhere west of Philly for the night; the next day I rode on home.... 649 miles and got off that motorcycle feeling like I had ridden to the store and back. Amazing!

Here is the surprising news... I had my feet on the pegs almost the whole trip because it rained most of the time and was in the low 50's.My feet stayed pretty comfy while I kept them on the pegs and they were comfortable there; I never would have thought that.

Anyway, as most of you know... what a motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Welcome & greetings from Florida.
Congrats on the new Wing, ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Here is the surprising news... I had my feet on the pegs almost the whole trip because it rained most of the time and was in the low 50's.My feet stayed pretty comfy while I kept them on the pegs and they were comfortable there; I never would have thought that.
It seems that when it is raining steady that you have to focus so much that goes on around you that the foot position becomes less priority. I have had the same thing happen to me as well. The only reason I point this out is to say mount the boards because when weather is good & you can just ride, for some reason you will see that the extra foot position change will be a Godsend. As always this is just one Ole Fossil's Opinion.

By the way welcome to the GWOF, congrats on the new ride, & be safe.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Now we know " the rest of the story ". My first ride home was a mere twenty mile ride at high noon on a sunny day and even under those idyllic conditions I was filled with nervous excitement. Your tale is another testimony to the power of the Wing's ability to embrace a new rider and bring him safely home. It's also nice to be able to do a 400+++++ mile ride and walk upright into the house. Let's see...... a brand new fully loaded Wing with $2,000. in accessories coming your way? All in all, not a bad year. If your heading in an easterly direction next year don't keep it a secret. There is a motley group of Wingers' over this way looking for any excuse to ride. Semper.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state, enjoy the new wing :)

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Thank you for the detailed description of your new bike and the ride home. I was impressed. 649 miles on the second day would have been a long day. Eric

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree Foss, I had the feet up on the hiway boards some, but they were cold out there. I am looking forward to them this next riding season though... to be sure!

Thanks Chopin and Boss!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Eric. Yes, I was impressed as well. The longest I day I had previously was 530 or so from Natchez MS up to around Memphis somewhere. And when my wife and I got off that Road Star... well, we were done. But, I was surprised... and very pleased with the 649 miles that day... and in an upright position. I think I had the feet on the hiway boards maybe once or twice for short times.

The sun finally came out when I was approaching the Indiana/Ohio border. Other than that it was rain and cold the whole way.

I was coming around Columbus Ohio in heavy traffic and steady rain and the flow was 60 mph or so... I was going through a slight bend in the road - in the fast lane - and noticed that I was on a 8' or so patch of tar that was causing my motorcycle to fishtail side to side - or shimmy - may be more accurate. It almost made me have to stop and rinse my underwear out. I can only imagine what the car behind me was thinking.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts