Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping around for a Goldwing somewhere in the nineties. That seems to be in my price range. I want to keep my old 82 interstate for just running errands around town. I guess my question is, Is there a best and worse year in the nineties that I need to look for? I have seen a lot of mention in here about the 2000 to 2004 models but not much on the nineties.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
In 1995 Honda made several changes, you probably wouldn't even notice them if you didn't know what to look for, than they stayed the same until 98 when Honda improved the headlight and changed the cornering lights to running lights. If I were looking I wouldn't go below 95 but if you can afford 98 up than go got it. 98 & 99 also had white face gauges and the seat and backrest were two tone. The GL 1500 went from 1989 to 2000, 2001 was the first year of the GL1800

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a 99 Aspencade. I got it in 2001 from the original owner. I haven't had a lick of unusual trouble with it. I think the only thing I have had to change is the water pump. It is a great bike and easily handles two up for long distances. Good luck on your hunt for a bike and thanks for serving.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
mine is a '93 and had no problems. don't let anyone scare you away from an early 1500. a friend has an '89 with over 140xxx miles on it and the alternator has been replaced with a high output alternator but nothing major

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Had a 98 SE and loved it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts