Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new pair of eye glasses and I need them to drive the cage and bike.

I wear a full face helmet and would like to get a pair that are bike friendly.

Now I have to wedge the ear pieces between my head and helmet, its a overly tight fit. Do bike glasses really feel alot better than standard? I'll pay for fit/feeling but not so much for style.

Any suggestions on frame or lense features I may wish to consider?

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I don't wear glasses for driving, other than sunglasses. The kind I have have the side pieces that go straight back. They don't bend around the ears. That way they are easy to get on and off while I have the helmet on. Seem to be less painful around the ears as well.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I wear glasses when I ride and the side pieces wrap around my ears, I wear a slick so putting the helmet is not a problem. Put your glasses on, put the slick on and put your helmet on, I have a Nolan 102N-COM. Most of the people that wear a full face helmet that doesn't flip up use the glasses like two wheel wing said, Put the helmet on and then slide your glasses on, If you put a small piece of saran wrap on the end of the arms on the glasses it will help them slide on easier.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wear glasses when I ride and the side pieces wrap around my ears, I wear a slick so putting the helmet is not a problem. Put your glasses on, put the slick on and put your helmet on, I have a Nolan 102N-COM. Most of the people that wear a full face helmet that doesn't flip up use the glasses like two wheel wing said, Put the helmet on and then slide your glasses on, If you put a small piece of saran wrap on the end of the arms on the glasses it will help them slide on easier.
That saran wrap seems like it would make your head sweat like mad. No ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I too wear glasses and tried on different helmets until I found one with "channels" in the padding that allow glasses to be worn and removed with ease. My helmet's an open face Shoei J-Wing, but I remember trying on several full face helmets that were glasses friendly as well. Many have gaps in the padding where the "arms" pass through to the top of the ears.

You might consider investing in a helmet to fit your glasses instead of vise versa, especially if your current helmet fits snug around your ears.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is 1 of the reasons I do not use a full face helmet. The other is I had a bad accident in 1972 and the full face came close to breaking my head off.
Back the the subject. I use the light weight with small arms. They call them memory glasses. Love em. If they are put under pressure they go back to the original position. Like mashed or hit.

dd

·
Registered
8 Posts
FLW,

I us Oakley "M" frame glasses with a Shoei full face helmet. Not cheap but well worth the money and some of the best glasses on the market in my opinion. I have been wearing them for 15years. I like the M frame because you have 3 different lens sizes/styles to choose from. I like the larger lenses. With smaller type lenses I have had problems with the wind blowing stuff around the lens and into my eyes.

I have 3 different lense colors based on conditions, and yes it does make a difference when it is bright sunny, overcast or dark. I work nights so it's usually light when I go to work and dark when I get off. I can where the sunglasses going to work and with a 10 second lens change I have the clear for the dark morning ride home.

Also, the Oakleys can be purchased in prescription if needed, and I believe they are safety rated lenses as well, but couble check that.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts