Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our first year on our 2010 wing with a little over 10,000 miles in the sadle the vote is in. Our Venture with 60,000 miles is more comfortable hands down in our opinion. What are my options for after market seats that retain the heated seat plug and play feature. I cant be the only one who finds the stock seat uncomfortable. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
The key to a better seat is a treadmill. I'll be back with the rest of the story after a bit of research.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
russel, saddleman, and corbin are just a few that come to mind

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I too thought that my 10 Gold Wing seat was uncomfortable. I got a airhawk hoping that would solve the problem but it did not. I'm sitting on it now. Works good on my chair. Well I've logged almost 17,000 miles on my Wing this year and I really feel that this seat is broken in now. I have no reason to spend $800 to $1,000 now. I like my seat. It fits my butt now and I can log 600 mile days if I need too.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
My FJR had the worst seat in history so I spent $1100 on a Russell and I have to tell you that it made all the difference in the world. Went from being able to ride comfortably 100 miles a day to 900 miles a day. Then I got the Goldwing. Fortunately I have found that the stock seat is like heaven to me. But if you are not liking the stock GW seat, I suggest you look at Russell Seats but they are costly and custom made.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm going to try the Wingsoft Small modification first--I just can't convince myself that I need to spend $1,000+ when my passenger is very comfortable with the stock set-up. For about $500 I can get the rider mod and a Utopia backrest installed so I believe I'll go that route first. I've been getting by pretty well comfort-wise with a Wal-mart gel pad so a modest improvement that doesn't interfere with my reach to the ground should be good enough for now.

I know I'd love a Russell or an Ultimate--some day when I'm doing more extended trips I'll probably go that way.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Corbin makes a great seat for the wing.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Corbin, Russell, Ultimate, Mustang all make great (but pricey) seating alternatives. Not all of them offer heating options though if I recall, but I forget which do and which don't. Many peeps thing the Corbin seats are too hard, but from my experience, the shape of them overcomes the initial hardness very quickly. Cushy soft doesn't always translate to ong day high mileage comfort. Just like buying a bike (big investment for most of us) a custom seat is a costly option as well. I suggest testing some if at all possible.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Like Chopin I have the Ultimate seat on our 'Wing. I had the Ultimate on the Road Star, and loved it - as did the wife.

I must say, I find the one on my wing less comfortable than the one on the Star, but the wife absolutely loves it. She can stay on the motorcycle for 600 mile days - and that is saying a lot!

We have the heated ones as well, and the rain covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts