Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on driving the tail of the dragon next week and for the first big trip I am pulling a trailer, what are you thoughts on taking the trailer up that road?
thanks

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Should not be a problem. I've seen many trailers being towed up and down the dragon. Ride safe...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Shouldn't have too much of a problem, just go during the the week while lots of people are still working, maybe a prayer for a little of that mountian dew will keep even more people at home. We ran it last week, had a couple quick showers heading there, no dew while riding the dragon. Road was damp in spots and very few other riders. Did see a tractor trailer heading in as we were finishing our return trip.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am planning on driving the tail of the dragon next week and for the first big trip I am pulling a trailer, what are you thoughts on taking the trailer up that road?
thanks
Unless you plan to speed thru the turns, there's no reason you can't take a trailer. I hope to be up theremyself next Tues or Wed, depending on whether I can fit 2 bikes into my trailer. Have fun!

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Go for it, I saw trailers when we were there.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
What all up above have said but do all of the other roads in the area you will love them all. O yes we love Pics.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
. We ran it last week, had a couple quick showers heading there, no dew while riding the dragon. Road was damp in spots and very few other riders. Did see a tractor trailer heading in as we were finishing our return trip.
I have yet to ride the Smoky's on a sunny day. We were there on a damp drizzly Sunday. Traffic on the Dragon was non-existent. The wet roads do keep the sport bikes parked. Pray for rain and you'll have a nice " Sunday " drive in the park.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Pulling a trailer is just something that you have to be comfortable with no matter what road you're on. Keep the speed and things in check and you'll be fine. I've never ridden the Gap, but I've ridden lots of similar roads and like any new track, you exercise caution.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Any time and have a great time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do the speed limit, don't scrape the pegs, and watch out for the go-fast bikes and inattentaive drivers and you'll be okay. You can always parks the trailer at Deal's Gap and pick it up on your return. Have Fun, you'll be okay!! Oh, don't forget to get your Dragon Decals in the gift shop, you have to have some proof you nailed the Dragon. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts