Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just came from the Seattle Int'l Bike Show and Honda has me impressed. I think I did a tour of the show and returned to the new 'Wing about 4 times. Its lighter, more comfortable and much more suited to someone whose used to Harley baggers. But it's priced better than comparable Harleys and sure gives a lot more bang for the buck. I'm very impressed, I think it's an Ultra Glide and Victory killer. When I finally get to test ride it, I'll see how it handles lo speed and twisties. I confess to being smitten.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i don't think that the f6b will make much of a dent in sales of harleys baggers in much the same as the goldwing taking sales away form an ultra. you will have a few that buy an f6b but overall people want that 1950's look and sound

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Personally think the F6B looks really cool and if I was a rich guy, I'd have one. Meanwhile I love my retro 95.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
If I didn't have my Wing I would be looking for that F6B to put in the garage. I do like the look, but it needs to be red.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I am a huge fan...Can't wait till they get the bugs out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i don't think that the f6b will make much of a dent in sales of harleys baggers in much the same as the goldwing taking sales away form an ultra. you will have a few that buy an f6b but overall people want that 1950's look and sound
I agree, I think much like the Valkyrie it will take people away from the regular wing. H-D guys will still mostly by H-D.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I need to win the lotto. The F6B is 10 years overdue IMO! No slight to HD and Vic, but when you consider the quality of build, the durability of the powertrain, performance and handling advantages of the F6B, it's a no brainer in the bagger market.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
I need to win the lotto. The F6B is 10 years overdue IMO! No slight to HD and Vic, but when you consider the quality of build, the durability of the powertrain, performance and handling advantages of the F6B, it's a no brainer in the bagger market.
and those no brainers are still going to buy a harley over a wing

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I ride a trike now and it is fun , but I do so much miss my sport bike side the F6B is ok but I would love to have shaft driven sport bike Honda makes in Blue this year I foget what it is called but I eye ball it to death from a distance at my local dealer.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Personally think the F6B looks really cool and if I was a rich guy, I'd have one. Meanwhile I love my retro 95.
It makes you think if an 95 is retro what does that make us.:eek:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I ride a trike now and it is fun , but I do so much miss my sport bike side the F6B is ok but I would love to have shaft driven sport bike Honda makes in Blue this year I foget what it is called but I eye ball it to death from a distance at my local dealer.
Bill, you mean this baby only in blue?:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
There are die hards in every model with endless brand loyalty. But a lot of folks who are looking for a bagger will have to scratch their head longer over which one to buy now. This is Hondas answer to a Harley, chop, bob and black it. It's a simple trick, but effective. It makes me think about trading my Harley, something I never would have done before. If it only runs as good as it looks. On another note, the bike that got the most attention was the CB1100, there was a big crowd of older guys (including myself) around that bike and they were all laughing and grinning. They all wanted to sit on that bike. I'd be tempted to own one too if just to be 20 again.
it's a Goldwing fer Gawd sake! Take a GL1800 and drop 80 lbs off of it and lower the seat .9":D Can you say YEEHAW?!!!:rolleyes::p

·
Registered
718 Posts
Honda will swing a few buyers over from H-D, but many are loyal to the brand, or should I say shop, where they can spend plenty of time and money. We all know that H-D stands for hundred dollars, that's what you spend everytime you go there. You can tell loyality by the number of t-shirts sold. They travel the country to find dealers in which to buy t-shirts and to get an idea where the bike can get service.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Absolutely love the Black one.The more blacked out the better.Not a big fan of shiny bling on the bike.All that bike needs is a Utopia style drivers backrest and probably a bit higher windsheild.Can't wait for a Honda Demo ride to try one out.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.