Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\Well as most of you know I sold my 08 Wing and bought an 09 Concours 1400. Loved it but recently since the wife and I started RVing, we bought a new Jayco Trailer, 29 Ft with 2 slides. So I thought my riding days were over. So I sold my Concours 2 months ago. WELL, I couldn't stand not having a bike in the garage so I started looking again. I found a 2002 Shadow Sabre 1100 with only 6600 miles on it, The price was so low I thought it was wrong. I called him and I went 210 miles to get it. Brought it home Monday, had new tires put on it Friday since it still had the OEM 10 year old tire on it, good tread but 10 years old. So another new learning experience now on this Shadow. The only BAD thing is the loud pipes. The seller said he has the stock pipes at his parents house in Wisconsin and he will have them sent me the pipes. We will see how that works out

Oh yea, I still have some orange clothes from when I had my orange 02 Gold Wing

here is my new trailer

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
well atleast you're riding

·
Registered
22 Posts
Never owned an 1100 but a buddy let me test his while he tested my 750 ACE. I loved it, I still have the 750 and still ride it from time to time. Always did love the ACE model but I love my 1500 too! Here is my shadow, you can see I really wanted a Wing! Hahaha.

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

Attachments

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Glad to see you found a great bike and you do love that color don't you, hehe-be safe and have the time of your life.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Hello joe. After I heard you sold your Connie I was was afraid you were going to end up being just another legend around here. Not yet .

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Glad you are riding again. That sure is a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words, Yea, it's not a Gold Wing but for the little amount of riding I do now it fits my style (EXCEPT FOR THOSE LOUD PIPES!!) :mad:

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
you can't have an imitation harley without loud pipes :)

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Hey Joe, welcome back to the 2 wheel world. Glad you found such a great looking bike. Can't wait to see what you do to this one. Knowing you it will probably be the nicest and cleanest Shadow in Calf. Ride safe my friend...

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
OH, Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe. :D

Nice looking bike. :)

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
joe, I have an 06 and still love it.
I up'd the HP a bit..
sabrehood.org has virtually everything archived you could want or need for maintenance.
A great bunch of folks there as well.
enjoy.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Glad to see you back in the saddle Joe. Is there room in the p/u for the Shadow when the trailer is hooked up?

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome back to two wheels Joe. Nice looking bike.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Very nice ride Joe (as you always have). Glad that you are once again getting your Two Wheeled fix.

It's always great when you check in. Ride Safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.