Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My 2012 'wing has the illuminated controls, like most other new Goldwings. My question is, the right side of the word "VOLUME" is darker than the left side. Since it is new, I would like to know if this is the little bulb not working, or if one of the readers has a 2012 that can tell me if this is normal. I know bulbs aren't covered under normal warranty, but since it is new, if it is malfunctioning, I am sure they would fix it. I really don't want to have them tear it apart if it really is normal.
Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
49 Posts
Haven't had a chance to drive this bike much at night, but I checked the panels this evening and none of the illumination seems consistent on any of the control panel words, so I would guess that what you see is normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just went out and looked at my 2012. The "lum" in the Volume in the middle may look slightly less bright, and there are others that look less illuminated. I doubt any significance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... I thought that might be the case, but what do I know.... what a great forum... now, who knows how to change the opening ceremony? The instructions in the manual don't work.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks guys... I thought that might be the case, but what do I know.... what a great forum... now, who knows how to change the opening ceremony? The instructions in the manual don't work.....
Are you talking about the greeting?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
What svk said. I've never changed mine, but that's what the manual says for my '09.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greeting

Yes, guys... Honda calls it the opening ceremony but greeting works just as well.
On the 2012, there are different buttons than the '09.... If you follow the directions EXACTLY as stated in the manual, all you do is turn the greeting off and on. The change menu never comes up at all. No one seems to know how to do it on this or any other forum I have gone onto. So, if anyone has actually done it, let us know how. There are at least 12 of us waiting....
Jeff

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
We weren't able to get a '12 model this year so I haven't got one to experiment with. I know where there is one currently and if possible I'll drop in and see what gives. Don't hold your breath though, it's over a hundred miles away at another dealership and time is a condition of me visiting. Failing that there's always the show set-up (late January) and I can talk to the techs from Toronto then. I'l e-mail my training tech and see if he has any info to share as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK, to change the greeting start at the set-up/info , then select set-up system , then scroll to greeting and select custom . Then put in what you want the screen to say on start up and shut down :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am still having no luck changing the opening ceremony. All of the instructions I have found say hold the trip and disp button down. Where is the disp button on an 08? All I have is setup, info, trip, and dim.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jeff,
I was able to change my greeting, "Opening Ceremony" but since I have the navigation it was significantly different than what the OM had in it. I assume you are running into the same thing. Here is the procedure I used.
1. After the opening ceremony is complete and you have a map on the NAVI system
press the "MENU" button on the NAVI control panel on the Lower Right Navi Console.
2. Scroll down using the "Directional Arrows" and highlight the "Setup/Info" button and
select that by hitting the "ENT" button.
3. Scroll down and select "Setup System" and hit the ENT button.
4. Scroll down and select "Greeting" and hit the ENT button.
5. Scroll down and select "Personal" and hit the ENT button.
6. Using the direction arrows move the cursor over the letter, figure or symbol you want and select that continuing the process until you have your personalization complete. Scroll down and select "DONE" and you should have it!

Hope this help! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the NAVI system to read the SD card after I build a route on my home computer, download the route onto the SD card, insert the SD card into the NAVI system and somehow get it to recognize it. That is on the agenda for this week so I can leave on our 8 day trip at the end of the week. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Sput 57

·
Registered
64 Posts
If anyone knows how to change it on an 08 I would be very happy. It has the original owners name on it still. ?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 16 of 16 Posts