have any ideas on how to do this?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
To where would you like to locate it?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Oh, welcome to the forum from Pa. Where is home for you?

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
The ignition switch also controls the front fork lock.
Welcome & greetings from Florida

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I hang out in Cullman, Alabama.
Thinking maybe I would like to put it in the area of the air pressure switch.
Not concerned about locking the forks as I park in my garage and in the sticks, we don't even lock doors to our home.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ditto on Strat's question. BTW, I don't lock b/a here either. Probably not smart this day and age, but we all kinda look after each other's place all the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After riding an hour or so I start to get tingling fingers, stopping for gas and fumbling with the key I have dropped it.. Had to remove most of the tupperware before finding it tucked in invisable location. All this sitting at a gas station. Thought maybe I can relocate and not have this happen again.

How about seeing your doctor to find out the medical condition you suffer from.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Since most wiring on the Wing is set up for "plug and play", it would seem to me that you would need some type of "jumper" wires to relocate the switch. That may prove to be a challange. If you attempt it, let us know how you make out...

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
If you dropped the key when you were going to unlock the gas door thing. Try what I've done have a spare key made and get yourself a radio knob for a Gold Wing, I got a chrome one. Then cut the key so there is about 1/8 inch of key sticking out the lock on the fuel door. Then J B weld the key into the new knob. Be sure it will unlock the door. If done right this key will not work in the ignition, because the slot in the knob is recessed and will fit down over the fuel door lock but the ignition ring is flat and the knob will not let the key fit into the ignition switch enough to let it turn.
I've done the same for the right fairing pocket and leave both on the bike at all times.
Just an idea.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
To get the right length. put the key in the lock and mark it for the right depth and cut it a little long then file, grind or cut your way down to the right lenght at the top so it is just touching inside the top of the slot. And glue is place.
Let me know how it works for.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts