Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/user/tuberbiker?feature=watch

So hear I am with a couple of buddy's coming back from a ride, and ironically the back bike has a video running when this idiot cuts me off. The big joke is, I'm in the middle of doing business with the company whose name is on the windows of the suv.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Good thing you were paying attention to the "other" drivers out there. You know you always have to watch out for the other guy.

Glad you made it out safely....and nice video too.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Wow Steve, As always this points out how we all have to be on our toes. Good thing you were focused. Accolades also for letting your buddies know with the "Headsup"

I do have to say though that looks like there is so much going on on that stretch of Highway that it appears that that may be the only way to get anywhere is to dive bomb out. Is that a correct assumption?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Luckily your sight-line wasn't too obscured by the vehicle in the turning lane. I could add something about hand placement but that would be crasse and/or tacky:rolleyes: Guy was in a big hurry going nowhere with B/A to do when he got there most likely:( Oscar Grope is such a myopic moron:eek:

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
I would only have one thing to say to that driver, but I can't type it here! :eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I wish they'd make it a law for all states, no talking and driving. If you are caught talking on a phone or texting while driving, a ticket with a hefty fine and points on your license. :eek:
Ouch!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
It's law here now, and about time too. I have no probs with the use of hands free communicators, pilots are on the radio constantly at times (mind you in heavy cockpit load times there's often a second guy doing the radio work). There's a multitude of things that have to be dealt with at any given time operating a vehicle, but hand-held phone devices shouldn't be one of them.

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Good heads up seeing him headed into your space. Glad you weren't "dead right". Was he the guy you were dealing with? This is the best use of cb's on a group ride, letting everyone know about hazards.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow Steve, As always this points out how we all have to be on our toes. Good thing you were focused. Accolades also for letting your buddies know with the "Headsup"

I do have to say though that looks like there is so much going on on that stretch of Highway that it appears that that may be the only way to get anywhere is to dive bomb out. Is that a correct assumption?
This is a road not a hwy. Also we are a bit up north of the city so no big deal to wait till the way is clear to turn from small road. The light you see is a new light that is still covered and not operating yet. He was just a goof (nice way to say what I really feel) and didn't wait the minute or less to pull out safely.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yikes!!! I am a relatively new biker and that has happened to me about 4,5 times already. What can you say?? They're out there.
As in the cage or especially on the bike you have to keep your eye's and ears open full time. As I told both my daughters the first time I took them out driving "pretend all the drivers on the road are [email protected]#*nig morons and expect them to do the most stupid moves and be prepared. It is a good chance they will".

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gift wrap the video and send it to the company with a special Holiday Wish, and I mean special.
Don't worry, I called the company and questioned the guy I deal with on the phone. No it wasn't him, but he told me who it was. The guy deals with new installations. I'm guessing that is why he is coming out of a new area. When I sent Dominic the link he showed the guy and he denied it. He said he was pretty shocked when he showed him the clip. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Luckily your sight-line wasn't too obscured by the vehicle in the turning lane. I could add something about hand placement but that would be crasse and/or tacky:rolleyes: Guy was in a big hurry going nowhere with B/A to do when he got there most likely:( Oscar Grope is such a myopic moron:eek:
Ain't that the truth!! It was a nice Saturday afternoon. Like most people now at days in the big smoke, just to much in a hurry and don't give a sh!t about anyone else on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would only have one thing to say to that driver, but I can't type it here! :eek::eek:
Normally you would see me get pretty stemmed and react quite differently. I guess it was a combination of three things:
1) I was just coming back from a nice ride with my buddy's from up north.

2) I was not surprised because I saw him from a distance and expected him to to the jack ass move.

3) When I saw the company name on the back window and was dealing with them, I knew I was calling them on Monday morning.

Not that it shocks me, I never got an apology from the idiot. If it was me in his position, I would have at least called to say sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish they'd make it a law for all states, no talking and driving. If you are caught talking on a phone or texting while driving, a ticket with a hefty fine and points on your license. :eek:
Ouch!
It is law also in Toronto and it's surrounding areas, but it's a big joke because almost no body cares and are still doing it.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good heads up seeing him headed into your space. Glad you weren't "dead right". Was he the guy you were dealing with? This is the best use of cb's on a group ride, letting everyone know about hazards.
I agree, it was my cousin with the video telling me watch out!! I was already off the throttle and ready to hit the brakes before he said it.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
glad you were ok but please someone tell me what was that music?

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
glad you were ok but please someone tell me what was that music?
Thanks my man. I have no idea what was playing :confused:
All I know is he had on his satellite radio & it sounds like a 50's or 60's playing including the song after when he was turning.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts