Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This next summer we will be going out to Beartooth pass and we were told to also do Rt. 12 and the Sawtooth area of Idaho. I am looking for any info from anyone on the area places to stay that are not the big chains you know mom and pop, things to see and things not to see. thanks for anything.;)

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Depending on the route you are taking ,you are heading into some fine mountain riding area.
If you are on I-90 or I-25 when you get to Buffalo Wy. take hwy 16 over the Big Horns to Worland then north on hwy 16 to Gray Bull then hwy 14 east through Shell Canyon to Shell be sure to take the walk down into the canyon only take you a few minutes but well worth it. Then you can either go on up the mountain to Burgess Junction and come back down on hwy14 A west. Great mountain riding. or turn around and go back to Gray Bull. If you are planning on visiting Cody, I would stay in Powell about 30 minutes east of Cody on hwy14 A. You'll save big on the motels.
Leaving the Cody area take Hwy 120 north to 296 cut off. This a great ride over Dead Indian Pass down into Sunlight Basin. Be sure to stop on top at the rest area and when you get to the rest area in the Basin and walk out on the bridge. turn right onto 212 and up the mountain to the Store at the top of the World. On the way down the mountain stop at the rest area and walk out onto the ridge, well worth it. Then on into Red Lodge. We always continue on into Columbus and stay at the Big Sky motel, Small family own and you can park the bike right in front of your room. From Columbus to Hwy12 near Missoula is an easy days ride on I-90 but there are a few interesting way to get there that will take some time.
PM me if you want more information.

Where in Pa. are you. I'm originally from Allentown

1 - 2 of 2 Posts