Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving first thing in the morning to do an IBA warm-up.
NW Alabama through Mississippi to Memphis, TN. to Arkansas then Steele, MO. and loop around. Should be 700 to 800 miles.
I have a room in Tunica, MS if I get to Missouri and decide to Bail. I think I can do this in 15 hours. We shall see:)

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Good luck. I tried to do an IBA run, but the weather changed on me and I was only able to do 700 miles in 11 hours. :(

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. I tried to do an IBA run, but the weather changed on me and I was only able to do 700 miles in 11 hours. :(
700 in 11 hours is solid. Obviously my main challenge will be dealing with the heat and traffic.
I am planning to do the IBA with Ralphumor in July. Just don't want to go in without practice.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
My challenge wasn't heat, it was snow! It was my first real ride of the year and wasn't planned!

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Now thats a man that is thinking, my riding buddy and I are going to the west at the end of July and we have been doing a couple of 700 to 800 for the work up for our first day we want to do a 1K. good luck and be SAFE.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
700 in 11 hours is solid. Obviously my main challenge will be dealing with the heat and traffic.
I am planning to do the IBA with Ralphumor in July. Just don't want to go in without practice.
I am thinking about doing the same thing. I figured I would start out as if I was going to do the SS1000, that way if I get to the halfway point, and am still feeling good, I could keep going. Good Luck on your practice run!

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
You be safe there Ref, have fun I like that you're doing a tuneup not just going for it right out of the CHUTE!:D Wait a minute that's what I did....:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You be safe there Ref, have fun I like that you're doing a tuneup not just going for it right out of the CHUTE!:D Wait a minute that's what I did....:eek:
Yeah..looking back, you should have started with a sheep:D:D

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys I am leaving Painter, Alabama right now to do my route. I have built in enough mileage to do 1000. I will do a system check at 750 miles. Hopefully I will check in when I get back.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Git-R-Dun Ref...

We expect you to check in afterwards to let us know you're OK.:cool:

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Guys I am leaving Painter, Alabama right now to do my route. I have built in enough mileage to do 1000. I will do a system check at 750 miles. Hopefully I will check in when I get back.
be safe and I can't wate to hear about the ride.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
As Angelmama would say; may you ride with the angels brother. God speed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
IBA run

Go REF Go ! , You can do it. It's all mind over matters. But if you have to bail out, then bail out...there's always next time. Focus,stay awake, stay alive...Best of luck & be safe.
Now go git that IBA back-plate !!

Previous rides:
75' Honda CB360, traded
75' AMF Harley Sportster 1000, crashed-totalled
76' AMF Harley Superglide 1200, crashed/repaired & sold
00' BMW R1100R traded
02' Suzuki SV650(beater-bike) traded
10' GL1800 Audio/Comfort (sold)

Current ride:
05' FJR1300, Mighty-trusty, canyon carver bike

jdgw_wannabe
IBA # 38829

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Hope it all went as planned......

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope it all went as planned......
It went great.....Just getting everything together to do the report.
Thanks Mark.....I thought of you while trudging through Mississippi

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Thanks Mark.....I thought of you while trudging through Mississippi
You abuse I-20? If so I'll bet you weren't happy about the construction near Forest...

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You abuse I-20? If so I'll bet you weren't happy about the construction near Forest...
Only Interstate I saw from Arkansas to Home was a brief run on 55. Probably not my best idea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts