Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish one of you would have told me how much difference in power the 1500 has over the 1200. I was riding the 1500 yesterday when I got stopped at a traffic light, the light turned green and I wasn't paying enough attention and needed to get going as to not hold up traffic. I ran the throttle up a couple times, as it still needs carb. work, let the clutch out and gave it part throttle. Next thing I know the rear tire is spinning and the back of the bike is going sideways, my first thought was "Oh Sh**", but I let off the throttle, it straightened right out and off I went.

Now I know why the 1500 is so well liked! ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice quote, old wise one. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Wait until you get to the 1800....

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Like my Mom used to say: It will scare you into the middle of next week:D I never driven an 1800 only got to ride on the back of one once:eek:
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well, look at the bright side cantankerous, the rear wheel broke lose. I could do wheelies in 1st and 2nd with my 1500 when it hooked up:eek: You get some real strange and amazed looks when you sky the front wheel on a Wing!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, look at the bright side cantankerous, the rear wheel broke lose. I could do wheelies in 1st and 2nd with my 1500 when it hooked up:eek: You get some real strange and amazed looks when you sky the front wheel on a Wing!:cool:

Oh I'm definitely glad I broke traction! If it would have caught and pulled a wheelie, I'd have probably had to go home and change! :eek::D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I saw another 1500 owner do it so I knew it could happen...good thing I knew or I'd have ruined me drawers too.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I certainly hope I don't see that kind of activity from my 1800....It would be completely unacceptable.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts