Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the delay in the followup posting...work has been very busy...

Well if you all remember two weeks ago the bike was torn apart for installation of goodies and a CB radio...(see posting I Took The Jump...Part 1)
(link: http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5099)

The Bike is back together safe and sound...Last week took a group ride...CB worked great....:)

Lessons learned on taking bike apart..."Take Your Time" if it goes together hard...you don't have something right....:rolleyes:

Another lesson learned....make sure the headset cord is not under the dash board when you re-install everthing....had bike all back together....go to plug in the headset...no cord...had to tear meter panel off again....:(

Below are pics of the bike and all of the goodies installed...out of money...will have to wait until next year for more goodies...

Safe Ride....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Congrats Mark,

Looks great. funny how much faster you can tear apart and reassemble after you just did it!!!!

One good thing about it, the experience makes you remember and other projects don't look as hard.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Great job. I have most of those on my Wing with the exception of the CB and lights. Maybe a project for this winter. We will see. Ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Let us know how the leg wings work. Might be a nice addition for the climate up here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK, Im a rookie to this stuff so bear with me: What is the benefit to the Baker shields? I have seen alot of them on the road. Also, same question applies to the heel-toe shifter. Please understand that I have been riding for 30+ years, but nothing this new!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Im a rookie to this stuff so bear with me: What is the benefit to the Baker shields? I have seen alot of them on the road. Also, same question applies to the heel-toe shifter. Please understand that I have been riding for 30+ years, but nothing this new!
The baker wings allow you to direct air flow on or away from you during hot and cool days...you will want them if you are during a lot of 85+ degree days of riding....

The toe heel shifter is only there because of the floor boards...with floor boards you can not get your foot under the shift lever (floor board inthe way)....I like the floor boards because I am an average hieght guy (5'6") and they allow me to be flat footed...they are more comfortable on long rides

Hope this answers your questions...

Safe Ride....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been thinking about adding a heel-toe shifter.
How good are they for a tall person? (6' 6")

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been thinking about adding a heel-toe shifter.
How good are they for a tall person? (6' 6")
Since your height most likely dictates your shoe size...the toe heal and floor boards might be too short...you will most likely need an extension...can't tell you how well the extensions work....too short of a guy....

Good Luck...Safe Ride

1 - 10 of 10 Posts