Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....I took the jump and disassembled the bike to install the cb radio...heres what a bike looks like on the floor of my garage floor....:eek:

I will send pics of the bike back together in a day or two....:D

Ignore the blue tape in pic #3...I tape all connections with blue tape and count and label them....so that I get the same number reconnected....in the right order....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Man my hat is off to you! You must have really wanted a cb!

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Now that's a scary site.... Good luck putting it back together..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Now that it's apart, where does the CB go??
The CB goes in the trunk. You have it all apart now but you don't need to take the top shelter off, just loosen it up so you can fish the wire to the connector behind the black key panel on the right side.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
So Joe, you just have to remove the outside trim mouldings and then loosen the shelter?
BTW, you're a stout hearted soul Mark!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Mark,

If ya got that far, you got it made. good luck with the rest.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The CB is located in the trunk (lower compartment)...

Yes Joe is correct, you do not need to take the shelter off...to install the CB radio connector...however you do need to take it off if you want to install the in-line radio and inter-com filters to reduce the cross talk from the CB radio.....at least for my 2010 GW I did....

The CB radio connector you see in Joes pics...was burried on the 2010 bike...I do not think I would have been able to access it real easily with out taking everything off....

I will finish putting the bike back together tonight...will send pics of all accessories added....

Going on a group ride this Sunday...will let you know if CB worked....

ONE THING....Having the service manual is nice and handy to help identify what you are looking at.....

The directions from Honda on the Honda CB for disembly of the bike components were great...

KEY...Take your time and make notes......Do not force anything...otherwise you will break it.....

Safe Ride....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts