·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
It looks like it would be a good match for my 1200. I hope you get lots of miles on it . Eric

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Well, Well, Tank this has be an ongoing work in progress. Glad you have finally settled in.:cool:

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Nice very nice.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Nice ride Tank, and low miles.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Champagne......sweet!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
not bad but i think you should stop by rons so he can dip it in bling for ya :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
nice clean looking bike. low miles, that one should last ya. I hadnt been on the site for a bit, for some reason thought you were already loaded up. without matching faces to names I get confused as to who has what and some guys have like 2 or 3???? anyway,, enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't worry, I have some chrome I'll be installing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
'88 1500

Nice find! I have one just like it! Mine has a few more miles on it..62K. I got an updated windshield trim piece for the front..(chrome) it does away with that Black plastic strip just above the headlight...also a chrome nose piece..I.M.H.O. it looks a lot cleaner..and newer. :D
BTW, I have a question about the front forks..( no highjack intended!!) :D My '88 does NOT have air adjustable forks!!:confused: Manufacture date: 2/88.
It does have a compressor, but apparently only for the rear.:(
I read a few other threads that say they ALL have that feature..but mine does not! I read someone just tapped the caps and added air valves, but is there any internal differences?:confused:..thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice clean looking bike. low miles, that one should last ya. I hadnt been on the site for a bit, for some reason thought you were already loaded up. without matching faces to names I get confused as to who has what and some guys have like 2 or 3???? anyway,, enjoy.

I had three for a short while, but this one will do nicely.

(Unless I ride an 1800. :eek: :eek:)

·
Registered
835 Posts
1200 - 1500 - 1800

I've owned a couple of 1200's and am very happy with my current 96 1500 Asp. The other day I think I really made a big mistake when I stopped in at my local Honda dealer to help a friend drop off his bike for some work. After walking around a new 1800 a couple of times - the salesman twisted my arm just enough to take one out for a test ride.

The new 1800 Goldwing is nice but mercy - perhaps a bit pricy at $20 to 25K. I offered to pay $10 dollars down and $10 dollars a month but he turned it down. Is this the typical sales price on a new 1800 ? At 63,000 miles I will probably just pile some more miles on the old 1500.

Michael

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks like a very clean bike and low mileage to boot. Congratulations on a great find! :D

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Congrats! Very clean looking. Like they have said a nice clean surface on which to build YOUR bike....
I know I know.... (what I am about to say. Most people probably have seen it thousands of times)I have never noticed the 1500/6 on any wing. That is kinda cool. :D The /6 is what I am talking about

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is very similar, same color but more bling (most of which I have removed) and I've got a couple more miles, about 62k. Does yours blow a bit of smoke on startup after being on the side stand for a couple of days? Mine does and I've been told this is normal, oil leaking past the valve seals.

Nice bike!

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nayther, I don't know of any 1500 that doesn't smoke that way. As a matter of fact, I would be concerned if it didn't! :eek:

And thank you. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.