Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2002 Goldwing this spring and we love it. What an upgrade from my 85 aspencade. The power and the ride is awsume.
I have most things figured out except for the I-pod connection. I plug my ipod into the cord in the left pocket and use the aux. mode on the radio but nothing happens, any ideas what I am doing wrong?The owners manual is not very clear on the process.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
There are no controls on the audio system for the iPod. Everything is controlled by the iPod. You can increase the volume, but that's it. That's one of the shortfalls of the AUX system. I usally set the iPod to shuffle, turn up the volume and listen to whatever come up. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You said nothing happens, do you mean don't get any sound? Does AUX show up on the display screen on the bike? as two wheel wing said turn up the volume on the I-Pod, the only thong you control from the bike is the volume, if nothing else works and your sure the I-POD is working check the connection on the plug, make sure it is plugged all the way in the I-POD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One more thing to look at is the actual AUX cord that runs under the left hand pocket to the bikes wiring harness. When I bought my 08 in June the original owner didn't have the cord hooked up. Remove the left hand pocket and check that connection also if any of the great advice above doesn't help.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
One thing that I have noticed with my Inno/XM is that there is a substantial reduction in volume with the Aux setting. If I switch back to FM radio, I have to remember to lower the volume to avoid blasting my eardrums out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
kwing....on my 2010... I hooked up the ipod...found it did not work...scratched my head (and other places)...couldn't figure it out to save my life...had a friend come over...and all he did was take it off of the headset mode and put it through the speakers...it worked...did you try that...:eek:

I also find that my AUX volume does control the volume on the bike...but you do have to have the ipod turned up almost all the way to get good sound....hope this helps

Safe Ride...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I-pod

OK- here's some more info that may help...The I-Pod I bought is very small - about 2"x3/4"x1/8" - The vol is located in the wire going to the ear piece. I turned it on and plugged it into the bike 's Aux = nothing. Then this is what I found out by accident. DO NOT turn the I-Pod switch to the "on" position until after you have plugged it into the bike's Aux connection wire, the turn it on. Strange, but that's how mine works.
Let us know what works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your help with my ipod connection problem. It was the connection in the wiring harness under the glove box. It works fine now. I also was able to connect my accessory plug for my GPS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Okay, it sounds like "case closed" on that one but I have a similar question. Do all GL1800's have the auxiliary cord in the glove box? Or, I guess I should ask, should they all have it? I am looking at an '05 that has nothing in the left glove box. No cord for plugging in i-pods and such and no 12V outlet. It doesn't have rear speakers either. I know I can add them though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 08 didn't have anything in the box either. The original owner did keep the cord and it only took a few minutes to hook it up. I am not sure if the '05 came with the "Aux" option or not. I would check that out... maybe it was part of a audio package that the one you're looking at didn't come with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 04 did not have cord when I bought it used. It cost about $35.00 at the dealer, a rip off for a simple cord. I looked at Radio Shack for something similar at a cheaper price, but no luck.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I believe that the aux option and rear speakers comes with the premium sound package and that was not standard until 2006. I think that the rear speakers and the aux function is important enough to me that I would not buy unless that was there. Nothing like taking 3200 songs with you and not having to worry about CD's.
I could be wrong about the premium sound option year but I feel like I am close. Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts