Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy summer everyone! Just got back from a nice ride through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine....My only regret was not having my IPod integrated into the bike...Any suggestions for a KISS(keep it simple stupid) install on a 2010 GL1800??!!

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Plug it in to the left pocket (your dealer should have given you the cord) & hit the auxillary button & rock & roll!

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Like the man said there's the aux cable on the bike. If it isn't in the fairing pocket, you'll have to retrieve it form inside the fairing. remove the pocket (you'll have to take off the small trim piece on the edge of the fairing too) and fish the wire out of the aux bundle. It's together with the 12v plug tucked back in there. Might be a good time to install the 12 volt adapter plug in the pocket too.;) Downside of the aux cable is it scarifices some volume in the sound system and might be succeptible to alternator noise, very irritating on the headsets. And you won't be able to toggle through your play lists if you have them. Manual control of the i-pod only.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stupid me!! I do have my GPS hooked up through the pocket but was not aware the Aux cable was also hidden beneath. Two other questions: (1) The cable is short. Where can I pickup a longer one for more flexibility? (2) I have a RAM mount for my Nuvi 40 with a single ball assembly. I contacted the RAM people who suggested a double ball assembly. Will this work since the two ball positionings may interfere with the screens of the GPS and IPod??

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I went to Radio Shack....Little cost and got results I needed...Good luck

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
This is with a Zumo and an iPod on the dual ball ram mount

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Attachments

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank for the great picture Camer!! It looks like you mounted the GPS on the upper ball and the IPod on the lower....Were U able to use the factory aux cord or did U pick up a longer one??

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I use an extension cord for it. About $2. I ran it down the bars and plug it in to the factory one on the glove box.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I use an extension cord for it. About $2. I ran it down the bars and plug it in to the factory one on the glove box.

So did you drill a hole in the lid? How do you protect your Ipod from the weather?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I put a zip lock over it when it rains or I put it in the glove box and plug it in there I also have a dual USB in there as well

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
You can see part of the ext cord in that pic as well

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bob, perhaps not a simple as just plugging in to the audio cable, but much more integrated and easier to use. This gives you control of playlist and track from you handlebar controls and displays on your bike's LCD screen.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3930/iPod-Interface-by-SoundGate
I'm sure you can get this from the usual distributors.

This does require that you remove the seat.

=Dave=
Old DOg Moto Works

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Here is a better pic of the inside pocket

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
My Ipod Shuffle works great for me. It's secured in the pocket with velcro, a second shuffle sits in the right hand pocket as a standby. A power socket in the left pocket will charge the shuffle when needed, just hook it up to a charging device and go. Good Luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.