Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to Portland Tuesday to pick up the new Goldwing, it's the 2012 Ultra Blue Metallic Audio/Comfort model. Got it for 17,900. Now if the weather holds out it will be a nice trip, hell, it will be a nice trip anyway.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Wow Terry, sounds like you made a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
That is a great price was lt a dealer with a lot of leftovers

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Congrats on your new wing. Post some pics of the new ride...

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Good for you Terry, enjoy.:cool:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ultra Blue Metallic -

Hey Terry, That is one of my favorite colors for the 1800 - Black runs a close second.

Good Luck with your purchase and put lots of safe miles on her....

Michael :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's the blue and silver one? Gorgeous bike, I love the color scheme! :D

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the blue and silver one? Gorgeous bike, I love the color scheme! :D
Yes, it's the Blue and Silver, I wanted the 2013 all Red one but they had just sold it so the 2012 Blue one was my second choice.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
What were they asking for the '13?
Great buy BTW!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What were they asking for the '13?
Great buy BTW!
They were asking 23,900 for the 2013, however, what they ask and what they sale it for are two different things. I'd think that if one suggested a price of 21,900 they'd sale the bike.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Great Bike + Great Price = Happy Boy!:)

Look forward to seeing a photo! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the new Wing yesterday, had to wait a day but anyway it is home. I'll post some pictures of it soon. Coming from a 1500 Aspencade, to a 2012 1800.
My first impressions:
This bike is freaking awesome !!!!!!!!
I don't know if it's just me, but the 1800 seems to be a little narrower.
I like the heated grips and seat.
The bike handles very nice seems to be more agile than the Aspencade and handles better at parking lots speeds.
Power, yes power, this blows away my Aspencade.

Draw backs:
Not many to speak of, the trunk is smaller than the 1500, but the saddle bags are bigger (longer).
The control buttons, they were moved from just above the gas door to the drivers left side by the knee. This is going to take some getting used to, and it could be a little dangerous, you have to take your eyes of the road to select functions. Like I said, it going to take some getting used to, memorizing the button locations.

The design of the rear end need some major changes, the lights don't look right. If your going to redesign the tail lights then also redesign the light on the trunk, it looks like an after thought.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the bike and plan to put many, many, many miles on it.

Total cost for me was 16,990, this included 1500$ in Honda incentives, and my down payment. Retail was 20,999.00

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.