Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member from Wetumpka, AL. My new wing is so new, I pick it up later today at the dealership. I got a glimpse of it yesterday.... Man, I can't wait to get on it and go. Just got the 20,000 mile service done on my '09 V-Star.... I guess the miles will slow down on it now. I am told the wing is the best bike on long rides that there is... Leaving on a trip Jul 1 leaving AL to WI, then onto MD.... 2500 miles? Any suggestions? Gonna take a couple of shorter trips first, though. May head out to Panama City, FL tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like some very good rides ahead. Wave at us if you pass through Indiana!!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Yahoo! Your not wasting any time are you ? Grab a Wing and go ! If your ride takes you near Sheboygan, WI can you check on one of our good members " WA9FWT " ( Phil ) ? He's been MIA now and then.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Badgerfan, did a little Wi. riding today myself, great state to ride in.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First Ride

Picked it up today! Went out for a short 70 miles, and guess what, it rained... Still was a great ride. Gonna try to go about 300 tomorrow. Wife loves the backseat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't wait to ride up there. Born and raised in Janesville. Left at age 19 for the Air Force. Will be there for a couple of days. Then out again.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Picked it up today! Went out for a short 70 miles, and guess what, it rained... Still was a great ride. Gonna try to go about 300 tomorrow. Wife loves the backseat.
If it wasn't for that back seat I wouldn't be on this forum. I would still be on the VTX Solo Riders Forum. Thank you Goldwing for getting me here. Have fun !

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
BadgerFn64,

Greetings from a Pennsylvania guy. I'm in the midst of my trip right now sitting in an Illinois hotel heading to Missouri today. The one thing I do want to mention is we all love secondary roads however if you need to cover miles & your coming down thru West Virginia I would like to suggest I-79. I couldn't believe what a nice highway it was, We picked it up in Weston & rode to Charleston. My wife said it best it was like being taken back in time. Beautiful Mountains & no civilization in sight, long sweeping turns across, up, & down the mountain range. Can't say enough about it.

Enjoy the ride & be safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF badgerfn64 and congrats on the new wing. did you get asome highway pegs or boards and a driver backrest

·
Registered
217 Posts
BadgerFN64....when you get to WI go to the west side of the state...along the Miss River...some great rustic roads....

How long are you going to be in WI...? ...I will be passing through Janesville late Thursday July 1st on my way to Wing Ding in Des Moines IA...With your new bike you should go...see all of the different accessories for the bike before you buy them.....

Safe Travels....:)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hey, Chopins fun meter looks just like mine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Replies

Sorry no replies yesterday as I was......RIDING! Wow, we took off for Mobile around 11 yesterday morning and did not want to come home.......... Got back to the house around 8 pm. Almost 500 miles on her in the second day. Cannot wait to head for the road again.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Slow down! This continent is only so big. The last thing you want to happen is run out of new roads to discover.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good for you Badger! Welcome to Wingdom.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Take some short rides to get acquainted with your new ride and check out it's capabilities. Ride safe and enjoy your trip.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Sweet Looking ride Badger. Have fun & ride safe. Be sure to post some other pics of her in the Gallery.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MARKH-We will be in WI July 5-7. Coming up through MO and IL along the Mississippi... Cutting over on Hwy 11 to Janesville from Dubuque

1 - 20 of 34 Posts