Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my rear brake pads today and discovered a nail/screw head in the rear tire. I quickly put the new pads in and headed for Manassas Honda. They pulled out the nail/ screw there and the air came rushing out. I said give me a new rear tire. They did not have any Dunlop E-3's in stock, so I said give me your best shot with what you have on hand. I'm now a Metzler rider and next year I'll replace the front with a Metzler. The net result is tomorrow I can ride to Seneca Rocks, WV with " Rapier " and my neighbor riding buddy, Art. Sometimes it pays to lay down and look up.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You can keep useing E3's on the front if you like them. As long as they are both radials you are O.K.. You won't get the mileage from the Metz that you get from the E3's.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe: The total bill for the rear Metz's was $321.06. Desperate moments call for desperate decisions. I've got a 350 mile ride lined up tomorrow through some hilly West Virginia country and the devil be damned if a tire brand is going to get in my way at the moment. Turnes out I don't have E-3's on my '08, I had Dunlop 405 ?

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Chop, you had to put brakes on aleady? How many miles on the white wing?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Chop, you had to put brakes on aleady? How many miles on the white wing?
It's not the miles Matt. It's the stopping he does to get his drink out of that cupholder he's so proud of.:D:D:D

Ride safe tomorrow Beethoven.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI. 12,800 +/- miles. Rear brakes still had pad wear left on them but the brake pedal is now more responsive to a minimum foot pressure. Reservoir fluid level perked right back up to the max. level. It's only a new rear tire now, but what a difference a new tire has made in feel and ride. FYI. I have the passenger cup holder also. Drinks handy both front and rear . I'm happy.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Hey Chop, glad you found the problem before heading out on the road. Nothing worse than changing a tire on the side of the road. Of course, you would have opportunity to try the "lay the Wing on it's side" technique!!! Sorry it cost you $$$$. Better to be safe than sorry. Enjoy your ride and be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts