Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole day was taken up with putting new fork seals into the forks on the 1200 wing. It is such a challenge to work on a new bike. I don't know my way around it yet. Anyway the fork seal were put in and when the forks were stripped I found that the chrome was pitted. Well I have taken the chance with them by cleaning them up and putting in a heavier fork oil. It was now late in the day and I was getting cranky because I thought that the compresor was US. And I was thinking that I would have to half strip the bike to find out what was wrong with it. Well I am happy to say that instead of just jumping in and start stripping it down but I read the manauls and got it working. So I went for down in the dumps to being excited. The seals were in the air was in the forks and now I needed ballast to test the bike. I called out to Kristian and said I need you for ballast. What a difference it has made. Thanks for taking the time to read about my repairs. Eric

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Always make you feel good when you get it done.
Like you I have a different bike than what I have been used to, Went from 26 years of Gold Wings to a Kawasaki Concours 1400, still trying to get my nerve up to tear it apart and see what makes it tick. I have to install a J&M CB unit next week so I guess that will soon enough.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
OOoook Eric: you actually told a woman you wanted to use her for Ballast. Just when do you expect to be healed up enough to go for a ride, and will your helmet still fit with lumps on your head.:D
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I know this is a late response (but hey it's better than none right?) but I think Kristian is Eric's son. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there mate.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you are right Budoka. Kristian is my 14 year old son. I didn't want to correct Ron as it wasn't very important. If I had said that to Vanessa without a big..... smile she would have let me of with a warning of how quite it can become after hours. Eric

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
So sorry Eric, I owe the Lad an Apology.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts