Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In august the wife and I are going to take about 2 weeks to discover Tennessee & Kentucky on the Wing. Just want some input on what things are MUST see's or have to do's in those two states. Would like to form a top 10 for each state to pick and choose from.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Call the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort to see if Deals Gap is open yet. Last I heard it was closed due to a landslide and not expected to open until July. 318 turns in 11 miles.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort to see if Deals Gap is open yet. Last I heard it was closed due to a landslide and not expected to open until July. 318 turns in 11 miles.
I read somewhere that they had installed speed bumps on the dragons tail to curb spirited motorcycle riders.....

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
You can't go wrong with Jack Daniels, It is a really cool place. I had a blast in Nashville. Lot's of music connections, neat tours & I can recommend the "Stock-Yard Steakhouse" Great meal albeit on the highside but worth every penny. As far as Kentucky there is Mammoth caves, Louisville Slugger & of course the Corvette Museum (although that may be a soar spot). Good Luck & let's know how you make out.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
& of course the Corvette Museum (although that may be a soar spot). Good Luck & let's know how you make out.
I'd like to thank the ole fossil for all the great ideas and of course the knife in the back part.:rolleyes: Neither one of us can't wait....kinda like being a kid again counting the days down till Christmas.:D

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
I'd like to thank the ole fossil for all the great ideas and of course the knife in the back part.
Sometimes I just can't help myself. At least I didn't twist it buddy.

Neither one of us can't wait....kinda like being a kid again counting the days down till Christmas.
I know the feeling I'm going through it right now myself. I'm sure you guys will have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been a member here for about an hour...might as well stir something up:)

If you are going to visit a distillery, at least go to one that produces a decent bourbon...Maker's Mark in Loretto, KY :)

Depends somewhat on when you are going, but if you are entering TN at Memphis, I would continue on I-40 E to Exit 56 and pick up 70/79 in to Dover & visit the Ft. Donelson National Battlefield there. Backtrack a couple of miles and get on The Trace through the Land Between the Lakes. When through the LBL you can jump on I-24 and slab it to Louisville (2 hrs.), Lexington (3 hrs.) Fort Knox is near Louisville...Mammoth Cave exit on the way to Lexington. Plenty to see and do in both towns.

From Lexington you could take I-75 to Knoxville, Chattanooga and then work your way back to Nashville. Both states are pretty rural and many of the secondary roads are excellent riding. Don't know what your vices are, but be aware that almost all of Kentucky is dry as a bone...a cold one at the end of the day ain't gonna happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts